Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark deal or Parrot Anafi?

thewhatever

Join
Nov 8, 2017
Looks like the Parrot Anafi is a fantastic drone with 4K, HDR and zoom, but it was supposed to be out on 1st of July and now I see on B&H it's for October!
Meanwhile it will be about 300$ more expensive than Spark, and actually I can get a Spark with the remote controller and an additional battery for 400$ (b&H)
So is the Spark enough for a newbie or should I wait for Anafi?

The Anafi looks like a great drone. I would adopt a “wait & see” policy before buying one as my 1st drone. Let a few YouTube drone critics fly an Anafi for a week or so. They will tell everyone what Parrot have got right, & wrong with their latest design. The No.1 fault so far is lack of obstacle avoidance, my thought is with the camera zoom ability, the need to fly close to potential hazards is reduced.
Eg Zoom the camera in & make it look as if you have avoided disaster by the barest of margins, when the drone never was flown that close. Fake the dramatic shot that has many pilots on the drone fail compilation.
I like the spark for its simplicity, I don’t believe that would use the extra abilities the more expensive drones have.

Last edited:
Anafi on paper is even better than Mavic Air so why is the question?
I've already preordered one for myself. It's certainly a dron for someone with experience. DJI drones are idiotproof with lots of general geo limitations and handy obstacle avoidance sensors which Anafi lacks. Is you are confident with DJI parrot is a next step.

Yes it's my very first drone, I am though a good amateur photograph and I will wait to see what Anafi Raw can give compared to Spark, more resolution doesn't mean automatically better IQ, so i think ''let's wait and see'' the reviews is the best thing to do.
BTW only B&H are saying October 3rd for release date, Amazon and Parrot shop are still showing 2nd of July, perhaps a B&H bug?

There will always be a new product on the way but when do you want it? If you want to take amazing aerial video, but a p4p. If you want to take your drone with you anywhere, in your luggage, buy a Spark. But if you just want to play with a drone, buy a $20 Cheerson and fly it around the house.

There will always be a new product on the way but when do you want it? If you want to take amazing aerial video, but a p4p. If you want to take your drone with you anywhere, in your luggage, buy a Spark. But if you just want to play with a drone, buy a $20 Cheerson and fly it around the house.

Well, as it's overcrowded by wifi in the city and anyway it's forbidden by the army here in Lebanon, it will be at the mountains, when I will go jogging near my summer house, and ski in winter.
Phantom 3 pro and newer are amazing but too big for my potential usage, even though I would like to take some photos too

I watched a video supposedly taken with the Anafi yesterday on youtube, I was not impressed, not as sharp as Spark and many chromatic aberration on boats. Though it could be a troll who took the footage with another drone like Bebop 2 and used Anafi in the title for views count trap on his youtube...

The Spark would be the way to go. It's a very durable fun drone. You won't be disappointed

Last edited:
For a newbie,, and best price, Spark is the way to go,,,:)
I have a Tello and a Mavic Pro Platinum and I must say my Spark has a definite nitch in my little "arsenal" of drones. It is so agile, quick, peppy, and easy to throw up for a quick flight that I end up carrying it around on my property more than the others. It flies like a Mavic, but has the ease of use like a Tello, very good in wind and stable in flight. I think it is the perfect first drone at a great price.

Reactions: Rob Stowell
Looks like the Parrot Anafi is a fantastic drone with 4K, HDR and zoom, but it was supposed to be out on 1st of July and now I see on B&H it's for October!
Meanwhile it will be about 300$ more expensive than Spark, and actually I can get a Spark with the remote controller and an additional battery for 400$ (b&H)
So is the Spark enough for a newbie or should I wait for Anafi?
It’s more than enough for a new person.

The Anafi looks interesting and I like the designs ability to tilt the gimbal up 90 degrees for unique shots. Unfortunately, my experience with the AR Drone, AR2.0, Bebop, Bebop2, and Disco all temper my expectations of what this drone will actually deliver. None of those have been "bad", but they just don't feel completely done to me. It's hard to quantify... they achieve a level of "that will do" and not exceeds expectations.
I would recommend the Spark over anything unproven at this point.

The DJI store on eBay was selling referb Spark fly more kits for $389 with free shipping and no tax.

Reactions: Tiller
If you are going to buy refurbished, why not go to DJI itself?

They sell Spark Fly More Combos also for $389...

I would rather deal with DJI than someone off ebay.

The Anafi looks interesting and I like the designs ability to tilt the gimbal up 90 degrees for unique shots.

FYI...Spark has the ability as well, just switch the Spark to Tripod mode and use the thumb wheel to look up.

This area of tilt is reserved for the Sphere and Pano shots that the Spark is capable of automatically.

It's not 90* and Tripod mode is slow to the touch, but it is enough to look up around your airspace.

If you are going to buy refurbished, why not go to DJI itself?

They sell Spark Fly More Combos also for $389...

I would rather deal with DJI than someone off ebay.

Agree. DJI is the seller of those referb’d Sparks on eBay, they sell there as well as DJI.com. The advantage that I see is that you get ebay’s buyer protection if you buy through them.

Reactions: Sparky007

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav