Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark errors

speedjosh

Join
Apr 7, 2019
I just bought another spark #4 used offline. I'm getting a error that the compass is disconnected. I haven't opened it up yet but it won't calibrate. Thoughts anyone? Screenshot_2019-08-09-22-10-27.jpeg

Sounds like it needs repair. I’d send it to DJI.

If this was defective on initial connection the seller must have known it was broken. Unfortunately a costly repair is often the motivation to sell the Spark online and people like yourself get burned.

If your gonna buy a used drone do it locally so you can arrange a test flight. Otherwise it’s a crap shoot. Sorry you are dealing with this.

Looks like it went swimming in salt water at one time.

Fresh water incidents may have a chance to fly again if immediate action is taken but a salt water bath tends to get into every spot and will continue to corrode over time, even it was flushed with fresh water at the time.

Send it back if possible.

people suck man... i would if you can stop payment via paypal or something because that is a crappy thing to do. Than use your money to by a new one if you can

I bought my referb fly more on ebay from a dealer with 100% no questions asked return policy. Another backup on that is it was paid with paypal that backs up the guaranty. EXAMPLE: I got burned on a counterfeit Fender Strat a few yrs ago and sent proof to ebay and paypal with letters from a Fender dealer and repair shop.. I got all my money back and didn't have to return the guitar that I gave to a kid in the neighborhood..

edit.. My spark is great but I just remembered I also just bought my ipad mini4 referb the same way and it's going back because the screen has a few dead spots. The seller is sending a replacement and I'm to send this one back with a free shipping label from them.. I find ebay better that dealing with a store and what store can you go to where you can check with the last 953 people that shopped there posted on their front door?

Last edited:
Sounds like it needs repair. I’d send it to DJI.

If this was defective on initial connection the seller must have known it was broken. Unfortunately a costly repair is often the motivation to sell the Spark online and people like yourself get burned.

If your gonna buy a used drone do it locally so you can arrange a test flight. Otherwise it’s a crap shoot. Sorry you are dealing with this.
bad apples ...

Reactions: Andre Levite

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Detlef