Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark Flyers South Africa ??

Any drones flyers in South Africa?
Hi FD. I’m in Joburg but not sure if I can call myself a proper drone flyer yet. I’ve had my Spark for a few months but achieved just under 2’hours of actual flight time. Where are you based?

Sup Leskey, nice to make your acquaintance. I'm based in Bloem. Also have my Spark for about just about a month as well.
Do you have a remote or do you only fly with your device?

Hi FO Diggle, nice hearing from you. I have the remote but I didn’t get it with the drone. I got it later and it was such a struggle! Definitely worth it though. I also got a charging hub (generic, not the DJI) last week and I now feel I have all I need. Looking back, I guess it would have made sense to get the flymo combo but I wasn’t sure initially. I’m really happy with the video quality and looking forward to getting shots worth sharing soon.

I hope you are getting as much out of your Spark as you were hoping to.

Leskey

Hi FO Diggle, nice hearing from you. I have the remote but I didn’t get it with the drone. I got it later and it was such a struggle! Definitely worth it though. I also got a charging hub (generic, not the DJI) last week and I now feel I have all I need. Looking back, I guess it would have made sense to get the flymo combo but I wasn’t sure initially. I’m really happy with the video quality and looking forward to getting shots worth sharing soon.

I hope you are getting as much out of your Spark as you were hoping to.

Leskey
Hi Leskey

That's awesome, I was in a similar boat as you when I decided to buy my drone. Only recently managed to get a remote and an extra battery from gumtree. I completely agree that the fly more combo is way more budget friendly consider the expense to build up your drone kit.

The airspace in Bloem is quite tight with very limited spaces to really fly "legally" around here. How's the areas in Joburg?

Hello from George! I've done 130 flights with my spark and enjoyed each one. I would say thay I've mastered it by now [emoji16]
Hi There Christoff

Hectic, that's some series stats you repping there!

Since when do you have your drone?

Hi there, I am an estate agent for Farms and Small holdings north of Pretoria South Africa. I use my Spark to video the farms I sell. This gives the buyer a better perspective of the bigger property without the long walks and mountain climbs.
My Spark never let me down. I pre-program way points with the Spark Pro App. On the farm I do a hand launch and see the magic. The Sparkie sometimes disappears for up to 2 minu
tes during the far end of the flight. To my surprise it always re appears with all the desired footage. Best drone ever.

Reactions: Spark 317

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme