Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark front left motor rattling (notched bearings ?)

Dohcterturbo

Join
Aug 11, 2017
Front left motor on my spark seems to be making a rattling noise more akin to the sound of notched bearings . I'm familiar with the sound because of my FPV racer. Only difference is this little beauty has never hit the dirt in a crash or had a hard landing. Has anyone else fired their motors up without the blades and heard this distinct rattle. Wondering if I just got a less than perfect motor ... all the rest sound fine. My Mavic motors are butter smooth and quiet also. I'm just wondering if these just have louder less precision bearings or I just have a noisy one. 4 props means no redundancy so if I loose one due to it seizing up it's definitely going in... so far it flies fine however ... Any suggestions ?

I have to be honest my motor sounds normal with or without props. Do you have friends/ families that also has spark and compare?
How do you pinpoint that it is front left? I mean, they are very close to each other and all making noise, so I am not sure how I can distinguish one from the other.

I have to be honest my motor sounds normal with or without props. Do you have friends/ families that also has spark and compare?
How do you pinpoint that it is front left? I mean, they are very close to each other and all making noise, so I am not sure how I can distinguish one from the other.

They all should be very very quiet while spinning. All you should hear is the motors and the frequency of the ESC's doing there automated braking when you rev the motors as if your gonna take off (and the sound of a motor spinning ) ... When I do that my front left motor sounds as if the bearings are not quiet right . I'm familiar with the sound , and it's just one. Once it gets to a higher RPM it resembles a ringing sound but when at idle more like metal rubbing , but there's no resistance .. Since there is no ultrasound on this quad I can get closer to listen in . Amazon is sending another so I'll have another to compare , but I really hate the drone lottery . Slightly out of round bearings will not be an immediate problem I suspect but I figure why risk it . Since Amazon sent the replacement I'll compare the 2 and if the new one don't sound have the same sound case closed . Hopefully it won't have any other problems .

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme