Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark hovers at 5 ft and wont fo anywhere after take off. Im using wifi at home what am i missing.

4thdpi@gmail

Join
Mar 7, 2019
Hi everyone new to the spark I'm working at via Wi-Fi everything's good on my end except when I take off is how big is 5 ft and I can't control it to go anywhere it's probably something simple but I'm missing it does anyone know how to work it out. Thanks a lot gas

Hi everyone new to the spark I'm working at via Wi-Fi everything's good on my end except when I take off is how big is 5 ft and I can't control it to go anywhere it's probably something simple but I'm missing it does anyone know how to work it out. Thanks a lot gas
Are you sure your RC is connected to the AC?
Please note that the RC and AC should be paired (indicated by the red LED of the RC turning green) and your mobile device should be connected to your RC by either WiFi or an OTG cable. By the looks of it, it seems you have your mobile device connected directly to your AC via WiFi. And I assume you are using the take-off icon on the app. So the AC is simply hovering after take-off but has no response to RC inputs.

Last edited:
If my guess above is correct, you need to do this.
1. Turn on remote & Spark.
2. Press and hold the button on Spark's battery for about 3 secs until you hear a beep. The front LEDs on the Spark should be red and blinking.
3. Press and hold the pause, Fn, and Control button on the remote. It will start beeping. When it manages to pair itself to the Spark, the front LEDs will be green and the small LED on the remote will also be green.

Once you have paired the RC and Spark, connect your phone to the RC via WiFi.
The WiFi SSID will be something like Spark-RCxxxxxx and the password will be 12341234 by default.

Launch DJIGo4 app. Take-off like you have done before and see if the RC is working now.

Reactions: Prayingdsr
Yes max f. 50. For infinrvfinare
If my guess above is correct, you need to do this.
1. Turn on remote & Spark.
2. Press and hold the button on Spark's battery for about 3 secs until you hear a beep. The front LEDs on the Spark should be red and blinking.
3. Press and hold the pause, Fn, and Control button on the remote. It will start beeping. When it manages to pair itself to the Spark, the front LEDs will be green and the small LED on the remote will also be green.

Once you have paired the RC and Spark, connect your phone to the RC via WiFi.
The WiFi SSID will be something like Spark-RCxxxxxx and the password will be 12341234 by default.

Launch DJIGo4 app. Take-off like you have done before and see if the RC is working now.
I know the fn button but what's the control button on controller? Again I do connect to WiFi. I also press the aircraft on button until I hear 3 beeps. Is that too long? Should it jus be one beep. Tks

Please note that the RC and AC should be paired (indicated by the red LED of the RC turning green) and your mobile device should be connected to your RC by either WiFi or an OTG cable. By the looks of it, it seems you have your mobile device connected directly to your AC via WiFi. And I assume you are using the take-off icon on the app. So the AC is simply hovering after take-off but has no response to RC inputs.
Yep controller connected to spark and wifi the max altitude and distance are dim and cant be changed everything else is changeable. The max flight altitude says 50ft. Again.. it just hovers .

As nilanjan118 said above, your setup is not clear.

You have spark AND controller, right?

You see green light on controller, right?

You connect your device to WiFi of controller, using password 12341234, right?

Please answer these, to help members understand your problem.

As nilanjan118 said above, your setup is not clear.

You have spark AND controller, right?

You see green light on controller, right?

You connect your device to WiFi of controller, using password 12341234, right?

Please answer these, to help members understand your problem.
Yes to all

Yes the controller is connected to spark. I can order it to land and it does. Dji had my screen shots and pics and are baffled.

You opened a new thread, with the same problem.

Do you have video feed, on you device?

After takeoff, can you fly spark within 50 ft, or cannot move at all?

It's confusing, because you say "it only hovers" but in two threads, you say you have problems with go4 settings.

Yup - double posting/duplicate thread

@dirkclod

Reactions: dirkclod
Are you using the prop guards? It's possible to get them on crooked and cause the avoidance sensor to stop the flight.

I guess that if the spark flies outdoors and indoors it will not, just disable obstacle avoidance and be careful.. any object 2 metres in front of the spark will alert you on mobile both visually and audibly.

Yup - double posting/duplicate thread

@dirkclod
Sorry buddy not a Mod in this site .:)

Reactions: Andre Levite

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe