Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark in a Blizzard

Interesting to see what our little Spark can take, like that
snowy and pretty windy weather today.
(Avions la même météo à Granby. ;) )

Reactions: BossOlive
Cool ( no pun intended ) to watch but I hope that this did not cause any problems from the moisture. I would think that the snow would be sucked into the front passing the gimbal and then into the electronics that would melt it and cause a buildup of moisture inside the Spark. But that is just my opinion. But like I said, that was cool to watch.

That was a great video! Loved the weather forecast as a soundtrack. It seemed very difficult to get any smooth control in sport mode. That was something out of the ordinary.

It's an intrepid soul that will fly his drone in a blizzard, but it seemed to handle it well. I agree with graywoulf's concern over ingested moisture. Might be a good idea to put in a container with some desiccant to absorb any residual snow melt. Really impressed with your soundtrack. Thanks for sharing.

Very cool video BossOlive and pun intended. Hopefully, no I’ll effects on the Spark. I have never flown while it was snowing but have flown with snow on the ground and added snow showers in post. Thank you for sharing.

Agree with hiflyer. Kicking it into Sport mode works as well but then your gimbal isn't stabilized at all when flying sideways. Instead, pop into settings and disable Obstacle Avoidance sensors. Not only will it allow you fly about twice as fast (12MPH or so) compared to Position mode but it will do it with full sideways gimbal stabilization. Really nice when you're shooting video trying to track something moving faster than 6MPH.

Cool ( no pun intended ) to watch but I hope that this did not cause any problems from the moisture. I would think that the snow would be sucked into the front passing the gimbal and then into the electronics that would melt it and cause a buildup of moisture inside the Spark. But that is just my opinion. But like I said, that was cool to watch.
She’s been through a lot worse (falling from 45 metres and being buried in a snow bank a few hours) still works like new. Gotta love DJI ?

Very cool video BossOlive and pun intended. Hopefully, no I’ll effects on the Spark. I have never flown while it was snowing but have flown with snow on the ground and added snow showers in post. Thank you for sharing.
Nothing at all. I dry it off when I get it back inside. ??

Agree with hiflyer. Kicking it into Sport mode works as well but then your gimbal isn't stabilized at all when flying sideways. Instead, pop into settings and disable Obstacle Avoidance sensors. Not only will it allow you fly about twice as fast (12MPH or so) compared to Position mode but it will do it with full sideways gimbal stabilization. Really nice when you're shooting video trying to track something moving faster than 6MPH.
That’s awesome I think I’m gonna try that.
I didn’t know you can just disable them. ??

That’s awesome I think I’m gonna try that.
I didn’t know you can just disable them. ??

It was a game changer for me. As far as I'm concerned it should be a standard flight mode not a semi-hidden setting.

What REALLY bugs is is this: The gimbal is fully capable of stabilizing while flying sideways at 12MPH but doesn't even attempt to stabilize sideways while in Sport mode. Odd.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe