Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark jumping up and down

Carl jr

Join
Sep 16, 2018
Been flying my spark for a year now no problem and yesterday but today it started jumping up and down ? Changed battery and same thing ?

I had the same problem with mine almost 50 hours of flight time what happened was the gimbal mounting screws came loose and the gimbal is flopping all around took it all apart and tighten it up been working good ever since

Reactions: I B Spectre
Had the same problem. Turned out I had left my gimbal cover on (which also covered the bottom sensors). Removed cover, solved problem.

Hi, after update the last firmware into my spark and try the "gesture piloting" in dji go 4 i have the same problem : strange height, no front off obstacle and no landing "bip". All seem to be desactivated . I try to change firmware, reset factory, uninstall dji go... no effect (( Could you help me plz ?

I tried all of that, then I simply changed my props.....and problem solved! Props must be firm, not loose. Worth a try.

This "problem" has been laid to dust long back. Anyway, for people who are not aware, let me explain.
First of all, it is not a propeller issue. You can't have your Spark propellers behaving erratically. They will either be good or bad. So no "jumping up-down" due to propellers.
The jumping problem is typically seen by pilots who use the "take-off" button on the app. When you use that button, the Spark fires up the motors, ascends and tries to hover at a certain height. And here comes the problem. How does the Spark detect height when it is close to ground? From the bottom sensor. The Spark bottom sensor is prone to malfunction at the slightest interference. However it is really hard to explain why it behaves erratically. So close to ground it is often seen that the Spark is not able to hold its altitude properly and hence the "jumping problem" at auto take-off.

What's the solution?
Use the combination stick method to start the motors (pull the left and right stick together either towards the center or outward at a 45° angle). Slowly push the left stick to ascend up to a height of ~7m. Hover in place for a couple of seconds. That's it. From here on just fly the drone like you normally do.

I was only speaking from personal experience, other wise, it happened to me this way. And yes, it was the props. I hope this helps someone, as this is what this page is for.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leahandran