Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark lost HELP

CdubSkyfly

Join
Mar 28, 2020
I took my drone for a flight today & right after take off I completely lost signal only got 60m from house & drone wouldn’t reconnect & I was unable to locate it by trying to use find my drone. The drone shows to to be in front yard of neighbors house. Please help. First picture is where I lost signal & went into ATTi mode then. It said landing. Then I completely lost picture and everything. I spent almost 6 hours looking for it Still haves been found

Attachments

• D77D512D-7A41-4034-A1D9-4D2CB3FFD160.jpeg
    D77D512D-7A41-4034-A1D9-4D2CB3FFD160.jpeg
    73.2 KB · Views: 63
  • AE93A6FD-9073-4552-BE62-46CA4FD36229.jpeg
    AE93A6FD-9073-4552-BE62-46CA4FD36229.jpeg
    73 KB · Views: 62
Hello from the Hoosier Heartland CdubSkyfly.

First, follow the instructions from DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help so that we can see the flight log and possibly see what went wrong during the flight.

I checked the weather for your area and it looks like the wind was blowing to the south and east in the afternoon.

That is where you should look since the Spark went into Atti-Mode during the flight and was at the mercy of the wind.

I'm guessing you probably had about six minutes of battery left and with the wind speed from zero up to 18 mph, the Spark could have floated away a little over 1.5 miles away depending on the time of day.

Since the app said "Landing", it probably landed somewhere further than the nieghbors yard indicated on your map.

Look in the trees, roofs, etc. and put up some lost and found flyers around the neighborhood.

If the Spark was registered with the FAA (which it should be), law enforcement should be able to find you if it was found and turned in.

I have my information printed on a label and a text file on the SD card should somebody find it.

Here's a possible search area?

Screenshot_20200329-054302.png

Good luck and welcome to the Forum. :cool:

First, follow the instructions from DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help so that we can see the flight log and possibly see what went wrong during the flight.

I checked the weather for your area and it looks like the wind was blowing to the south and east in the afternoon.

That is where you should look since the Spark went into Atti-Mode during the flight and was at the mercy of the wind.

I'm guessing you probably had about six minutes of battery left and with the wind speed from zero up to 18 mph, the Spark could have floated away a little over 1.5 miles away depending on the time of day.

Since the app said "Landing", it probably landed somewhere further than the nieghbors yard indicated on your map.

Look in the trees, roofs, etc. and put up some lost and found flyers around the neighborhood.

If the Spark was registered with the FAA (which it should be), law enforcement should be able to find you if it was found and turned in.

I have my information printed on a label and a text file on the SD card should somebody find it.

View attachment 12610

It reconnected for like 10 seconds before it said landing & it looked like it was landing a field of close to a fence. But I’ve looked all over. Just didn’t make much since because I only had it air for a few minutes went up on air & went North like 50 m & lost signal & it said it was landing

View attachment 12610

Here is map on flight path. Is this where it’s prob located where red is?

Attachments

• F86EEEFB-5341-4637-8159-0109E9F6B967.jpeg
    F86EEEFB-5341-4637-8159-0109E9F6B967.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 61
That looks consistent with the wind direction on Saturday.

March 29, 2020 111451 AM EDT.png

That is Awesome!
Any damage?
Where did it end up?

I took my drone for a flight today & right after take off I completely lost signal only got 60m from house & drone wouldn’t reconnect & I was unable to locate it by trying to use find my drone. The drone shows to to be in front yard of neighbors house. Please help. First picture is where I lost signal & went into ATTi mode then. It said landing. Then I completely lost picture and everything. I spent almost 6 hours looking for it Still haves been found
Those little buggers are really cute and work great (My Sparkie) but if you lose it, its like losing one of your pets - worse than just losing the money. Glad you found it. The app works quite well.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast