Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark lurches back and forth on 'follow me' mode....?

pmcn500

Join
May 5, 2019
Hi there everyone....

Was doing some video when out on the motorbikes the other day, and all was fine up until i tried the follow me mode.... I had it all set up, locked onto the bike, but whenever, i set it to 'go' .... it would lurch back and forth ....prob about 10ft.... until we moved off, and then it was only successful for about 50m, when it then dropped in height, and yawed off to the right into the trees.... which then incorporated a 20 min rescue mission to find it.... (which we did...unharmed)

However, this is the first time i've experienced the pitching back and forth when in follow me mode..... is there something i have missed, or is there something i need to check....
I'd be grateful for any feedback on this..... i'm just a little nervous to use this mode again, incase i lose it again, and we're not as lucky to find it intact....

Regards
Paul

You can watch video here.....

Last edited:
Not sure what phrase to use to define it but I have also seen the Spark doing crazy moves when it loses track of the subject during Active track. I think the safest way to use the Active track mode is to give the RC to someone so that he can take control if something goes wrong while the drone is tracking you.

Reactions: Maersk65
I got a little motion sickness there for a second.?

Hi there everyone....

Was doing some video when out on the motorbikes the other day, and all was fine up until i tried the follow me mode.... I had it all set up, locked onto the bike, but whenever, i set it to 'go' .... it would lurch back and forth ....prob about 10ft.... until we moved off, and then it was only successful for about 50m, when it then dropped in height, and yawed off to the right into the trees.... which then incorporated a 20 min rescue mission to find it.... (which we did...unharmed)

However, this is the first time i've experienced the pitching back and forth when in follow me mode..... is there something i have missed, or is there something i need to check....
I'd be grateful for any feedback on this..... i'm just a little nervous to use this mode again, incase i lose it again, and we're not as lucky to find it intact....

Regards
Paul

You can watch video here.....
Good day Paul
1st glad to hear you found it at last unharmed...
I think your speed was too much to catch up with you (you took off) and then your colleague came along into the frame on the right hand side that’s where poor spark brain ? got confused and wondered off ???
I’ve seen videos of same on YouTube and same thing happened, spark gone behind the trees ? ?
But it’s funny to start with, it looks like Spark was wanting and eager to go reaving it’s engine ?
Happy Droning...

Reactions: nilanjan118
Just watched the video. That was too much of a "back and forth" motion, almost like a harmonic motion. It did very well to track you though and clearly you were riding at way above than 10km/hr for obstacle avoidance to work. Can't fault the drone there. It is also worth remembering that the drone tracks you visually. So you can't always expect it to track you in the correct path. A slight veer to the right and it was into the bushes. You need a more clear space to try this mode. Good luck next time.

Reactions: Mandruka

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit