Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark Max Speed

Coconut Pete

Join
Jan 30, 2018
Perhaps everyone knows this. But I have asked the question a few different ways and have gotten a number of different answers. Here is one I had NOT read before.

”When forward obstacle sensing is enabled and lighting conditions are sufficient, max flight attitude angle is 15 degrees with a maximum flight speed of 6.7 MPH. When forward obstacle sensing is disenabled, max flight attitude angle is 15 degrees with a maximum flight speed of 13.4 MPH.”

Low and behold in the instruction manual on page 9 I believe.

And when you enable sport mode, you can reach up to 31 MPH.

Perhaps everyone knows this. But I have asked the question a few different ways and have gotten a number of different answers. Here is one I had NOT read before.

”When forward obstacle sensing is enabled and lighting conditions are sufficient, max flight attitude angle is 15 degrees with a maximum flight speed of 6.7 MPH. When forward obstacle sensing is disenabled, max flight attitude angle is 15 degrees with a maximum flight speed of 13.4 MPH.”

I knew that sport mode would yield 30+ mph but when taking video I like the stability of P mode.

I know. I couldn't have been more surprised if I woke up with my head sewn to the carpet. The really interesting thing is the number of twins I have that have never read this either. I have taken the pledge to go back and reread them again. Things that seemed to be useless or make no sense when I first got the Spark now are much more germane.

Not sure what you mean "click" sports mode. I am using a controller and the 2 position slide switch which is located in between the 2 joysticks puts the drone in SPORTS mode when to the RIGHT position and returns it to P Mode when slid to the left position. There is a noticeable difference in handling as well. No stabilization and very very quick handling. Not sure this helps you or not.

I tried Sport Mode for the first time on Sunday and you can seriously notice the difference.

Not sure what you mean "click" sports mode. I am using a controller and the 2 position slide switch which is located in between the 2 joysticks puts the drone in SPORTS mode when to the RIGHT position and returns it to P Mode when slid to the left position. There is a noticeable difference in handling as well. No stabilization and very very quick handling. Not sure this helps you or not.
I say click but mean slide the switch over to the right which makes a Click noise. What's this P mode. Normal ?

Yes, and if you adjust the stick sensitivity slider from slow (low) to fast (high) you will change all of the top end speeds. The numbers you quoted are still the top speeds, but slower speeds can be obtained. For example, Sport mode top speed is roughly 30 mph, but if you adjust the stick sensitivity slider (say that three times fast) the top speed of sport mode will be reduced. If you adjust the slider all the way to slow (low), top speed of sport mode will be about 15 mph. This can be useful for Sport, and enabled, and disabled as well as reducing the jerkiness of panning.

Now that is very interesting. I had heard that the slide adjusted the speed, but when it didn't get me above 6 - 7 mph in P mode I gave up on that. I will go back and play with that option.

Reactions: Matthew Marston
If you go in the menu you can switch to tripod mode and go even slower. Takes jerknest out when turning. Great for videoing.

There is a power percentage meter inside the compass when you have it displayed on the app. I’ve never messed with the stick sensitivity on mine and when I hold full forward pitch on mine in sport mode it only shows about 68 to 70% at 22 to 23 mph.

Yes the spark will almost never give 100% power to the motors. Normally tops out at 88% I think is the highest I have seen with out editing the parameters.

Also if you fly at a diagonal, you can fly faster in P-mode, up to nearly 20mph. you can squeeze a few more mph (about 34mph) the same way in sport mode but you won't be able see/film anything worthwhile.

Also if you fly at a diagonal, you can fly faster in P-mode, up to nearly 20mph. you can squeeze a few more mph (about 34mph) the same way in sport mode but you won't be able see/film anything worthwhile.
By diagonal, do you mean right stick to the 2 o'clock position?

Awesome. I'm going to try that. I think 6.X with obstacle avoidance, and 13.X without OA is too slow unless you are flying fairly low to the ground

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulieMyers