Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark Max Wind Speed

Malc

Join
Jan 1, 2019
I have my UAV app set at 20mph. what do you all think the max wind speed to fly should be?

DJI recommends not flying in winds that exceed 18 MPH.

Reactions: Haggi
I have my UAV app set at 20mph. what do you all think the max wind speed to fly should be?

In UAV Forecast you can also set at which altitude the winds are measured. Mine is set for 200 feet.

Very common to see 12mph at ground level (default setting) but 25+mph at the altitude you plan to fly. Also helpful to look at strength of forecasted gusts too.

Battery life dramatically shortened when fighting a the wind. Even when just hovering

Reactions: Kevmiller1488
Battery life dramatically shortened when fighting a the wind. Even when just hovering

YEP!! It’s been very windy here in Wisconsin the last few days, until yesterday. My flight time was cut pretty much in half flying in winds 18+mph(ground level). Yesterday and today in relatively calm, I’m back up to 11-13 minutes. I’ve only had my Spark a little over a month and I’m already looking to upgrade, due mainly to the short battery life...??‍♂️

Reactions: Andre Levite
In UAV Forecast you can also set at which altitude the winds are measured. Mine is set for 200 feet.

Very common to see 12mph at ground level (default setting) but 25+mph at the altitude you plan to fly. Also helpful to look at strength of forecasted gusts too.

This is a very good point. When battery is running low and you're coming home against the wind, flying at a lower altitude may make all the difference in the world.

Reactions: Andre Levite

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe