Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark OR Mini

dosbft11

Join
Oct 15, 2018
Finally got sometime to fly out in open with Litchi and VR FPV.

As soon as i begin to get immerse, the fear of low battery grips me and here comes the spark back to home.

I gave it a thought 5 months back when mini was released but then dji Spark fans kept me stay port.

Now i am serious coz of battery timings and three axis gimbal.

Jus need your thoughts before i go ahead with an exchange for spark with mavic mini.

Glad you hung on to the Spark and the MM is a tempting replacement, or an addition to the fleet. :D

I only have the Spark and I can't give any advice, only that DJI does make it an attractive package.

Here are some search results from the Forum to glance over.

Good luck on the replacement, er, I mean addition. :)

Reactions: Flycombo

As soon as i begin to get immerse, the fear of low battery grips me and here comes the spark back to home.

I gave it a thought 5 months back when mini was released but then dji Spark fans kept me stay port.

Jus need your thoughts before i go ahead with an exchange for spark with mavic mini.
Let me say first that I honestly love my Spark. The solid build, the fixed wings, the artistic design, and the memories I've captured with it. But you are right, to me it's Achilles heel is it's flight time. Not even the 2-axis gimbal. You're right the low battery is a fun-breaker. Also the mini having 2K is not something to overlook. The only concern about the Mini is it's, Achilles heel. Wind resistance. And that producing the Motor overload warning. In all of the youtube videos I've seen on the Mini it always comes down to the wind factor. But ultimately, it's what makes you happy. If it keeps nagging at you. Then go for it. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a better battery someday. Yeah I know, dream on, right?

Last edited:
I bought myself a second hand mavic pro. So I have 2 sparks, 1 mp , litchi on all, wind And flight time is no more a problem . And in my modest opinion, if your flight is prepared one can do a lot in 10 minutes.
And as a spark is build as a tank and put on flight in 2 minutes It is my preferred partner on motorcycle travels.

If you exchange your Spark for a mini there will be trade-offs like no Litchi or any third party app support, less wind resistance, less manual control over camera functions, etc. If you can live with the trade-offs then exchange it for a mini.

I love my Spark. The manual camera control which I use all the time and the fantastic photo and video quality have helped me hold off on an upgrade like the MA2. The only real complaint I have is the battery life.

Chris

If you do sell yours, there is a forum member looking for one, since he lost his just recent. "Bob"

If you exchange your Spark for a mini there will be trade-offs like no Litchi or any third party app support, less wind resistance, less manual control over camera functions, etc. If you can live with the trade-offs then exchange it for a mini.

I love my Spark. The manual camera control which I use all the time and the fantastic photo and video quality have helped me hold off on an upgrade like the MA2. The only real complaint I have is the battery life.

Chris

No Litchi-why not?

Wind resistance can be compromised with another day & time.

Default camera functions suffices for me.

Infact battery timings now appear to be a real problem.

The bargains you have mentioned are quite relevant. I too appreciate the stability and performance of spark.
So what can be an alternate for battery??

No Litchi-why not?
Because DJI hasn’t released the SDK for the mini yet. When it does, then Litchi will probably release an update.

Chris

I bought myself a second hand mavic pro. So I have 2 sparks, 1 mp , litchi on all, wind And flight time is no more a problem . And in my modest opinion, if your flight is prepared one can do a lot in 10 minutes.
And as a spark is build as a tank and put on flight in 2 minutes It is my preferred partner on motorcycle travels.

Upgrade from spark to a second hand drone sounds an option too..

What is the experience of a used drone??

Mavic Air 2 also sounds a new option so my questions would be:-

(a) Does the spark controller works with Mavic series?

(b) Litchi FPV works with Mavic series?

(a) Does the spark controller works with Mavic series?

(b) Litchi FPV works with Mavic series?
a) no, it will not.
b) Litchi is compatible with: Mavic 2 (Zoom/Pro), Mavic (Air/Pro), Phantom 4 (Standard/Advanced/Pro/ProV2), Phantom 3 (Standard/4K/Advanced/Professional), Inspire 1 (X3/Z3/Pro/RAW), Inspire 2 and Spark

Currently like the Mavic Mini, the SDK for the Mavic Air 2 is not released.

As a newish mini owner and a previous long term spark owner, I can say, I’ve used my mini as much due to mere convenience as I did my spark in a few years. I ALWAYS worried about my mini and always feared losing the drone due to the fact it never flew without some kind of oddness in connectivity for me. I didn’t fly the drone one time in over 2 years that was hiccup free. Had consistent range issues with video feed, lag was atrocious always, every other time I flew it I had to re-pair it just to get it all to reconnect. Maybe it was just a lemon. The RC took a dump on me a little over a month ago and even though it flew great with just the phone connection for what I needed to do with some close range car photography. A friend of mine wanted it in its current condition just to fly up and check on his farm from a higher perspective every day. I sold it to him for a fair price and he’s flown it a few times but been using it about like I did. My mini isn’t flawless, and I can’t say that a tiny part of me doesn’t admit I should’ve just got an air2 because I think I’ll miss active track. But I’m happy enough with my mini that I don’t want to pay the restocking fee to return it.

I’d do it again, I would probably choose the air2 and spend more money, but I don’t have any regrets in the mini over the spark.

Reactions: dosbft11
What can I say....
Every one has his own needs.
Being An motorcycle rider taking a pic is a minor priority..MM and air2 are what motorcycle riders and ........want. just push the button. Unfortunately I ' m An electronics engineer and interested in software and communication.
MM and ma2 ,are too limited for me.
But die mainstream drone flyers perfect

As a newish mini owner and a previous long term spark owner, I can say, I’ve used my mini as much due to mere convenience as I did my spark in a few years. I ALWAYS worried about my mini and always feared losing the drone due to the fact it never flew without some kind of oddness in connectivity for me. I didn’t fly the drone one time in over 2 years that was hiccup free. Had consistent range issues with video feed, lag was atrocious always, every other time I flew it I had to re-pair it just to get it all to reconnect. Maybe it was just a lemon. The RC took a dump on me a little over a month ago and even though it flew great with just the phone connection for what I needed to do with some close range car photography. A friend of mine wanted it in its current condition just to fly up and check on his farm from a higher perspective every day. I sold it to him for a fair price and he’s flown it a few times but been using it about like I did. My mini isn’t flawless, and I can’t say that a tiny part of me doesn’t admit I should’ve just got an air2 because I think I’ll miss active track. But I’m happy enough with my mini that I don’t want to pay the restocking fee to return it.

I’d do it again, I would probably choose the air2 and spend more money, but I don’t have any regrets in the mini over the spark.

So i upgraded from spark to Mavic air 2-it is a lovely bird-the best i found in it was POI and active track feature. But then mini 2 sounded a similar option. So i sold my MA 2 for almos the same price-now moving on to MM2-
And i jus realised MM2 does not have auto focus/POI thing in it-Can anybody confirm???

So i upgraded from spark to Mavic air 2-it is a lovely bird-the best i found in it was POI and active track feature. But then mini 2 sounded a similar option. So i sold my MA 2 for almos the same price-now moving on to MM2-
And i jus realised MM2 does not have auto focus/POI thing in it-Can anybody confirm???

The air 2 was a much better bird especially if you’re looking for tracking features. You downgraded with the mm2. It will not do the tracking like the magic will.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooNex