Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark Owners - What generation/age?

Age Ranges of Spark Owners

• Total voters

Advexure

Join
May 26, 2017
Loc
Los Angeles, CA
We've been seeing folks of all different ages show interest in the Spark and I thought it would be interesting to run a poll and see what age group/generation is most interested in the Spark.

If you've pre-ordered the Spark or plan to acquire one, feel free to contribute to the poll.

Enjoy your Spark!
-The Advexure Team :cool:

Reactions: Doma and Seby

Well so far the Mavic age is 50..I am very surprised about the 21-30 age group, these guys are the techies and selfie generation. Most likely just not in the budget... :(

That age surprises me as well, but the millenials are probably not aware of it yet until someone they follow on Instagram mentions it in a post.

Reactions: Mako79 and Advexure
That age surprises me as well, but the millenials are probably not aware of it yet until someone they follow on Instagram mentions it in a post.

The day when you can send a Snapchat directly from your drone is when they'll really catch on I bet.

Reactions: WPS
Another view is the "over 50's" have the financial means to drop money on things like this without straining our budget as much. Or, that same age group isn't dropping $8.00 two or three times a day at StarBucks so they can afford these hobbies?

I'm just glad I am where I am in life. As someone in another thread said, I want to spend my earnings. With no kids (my wife and I are our own) to leave it to, we want to enjoy it.

Makes me glad to be in the 21-30 group and still be able to afford one of these. I also hate Starbucks but my wife loves it.

I think that being in the 50's group, we seem to have more disposable income with our children no longer in college, nor are they living at home. I am one of those that chases technology and likes the latest gadget. At my work there is a 'class' being taught in engineering on the use and application of drones and they are teaching interested 20's to 30's about drones and how to fly and use. Oddly enough the instruction is coming from 50's group. Not what I was expecting.

I can't imagine too many millennials hang out on drone forums, so I'm not surprised by the results.:)

I agree. I suspect the results are skewed by the demographics of forum users. A selfie-loving snapchat-using Millennial isn't researching the details of the drone, unlike a 50+ who has more time on their hands and different priorities on how to use that time.

Young people are the target audience for the gesture control. I would suggest that generally their technical interest will begin and end with: "so it flys from my hand and takes a photo that I can put on social - sold".

Casey Niestat has made them want a drone. The Spark just makes it super accessible...

I agree. I suspect the results are skewed by the demographics of forum users. A selfie-loving snapchat-using Millennial isn't researching the details of the drone, unlike a 50+ who has more time on their hands and different priorities on how to use that time.

Young people are the target audience for the gesture control. I would suggest that generally their technical interest will begin and end with: "so it flys from my hand and takes a photo that I can put on social - sold".

Casey Niestat has made them want a drone. The Spark just makes it super accessible...

As a "millenial" I should probably be offended but I'm not. This is very true of many people my age. Personally, I've already read the Spark manual, twice.

Reactions: Advexure
As a "millenial" I should probably be offended but I'm not. This is very true of many people my age. Personally, I've already read the Spark manual, twice.

Definitely not intended to offend. It's why I threw a "generally" in there ;) I would have been all over this forum too in my 20's. But as you've called out, you're one of the exceptions rather than the rule :cool:

The millenials are hoping their parents will buy them one or borrow from their parents on a permanent basis.

Wow, the results have really leveled out since the last time I saw this poll. 61+ folks, it's AWESOME to have you in the drone community, whether Spark is your first drone or just another in the fleet :cool: Safe and happy flying all, first Spark units are leaving Advexure very soon!

Reactions: wim
I think it is funny that even at the rc field I was a member of in AZ and the one here in PA, there are very few members under that 45+ range. And they are flying heli's and planes as well as drones. Just an observation

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme