Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark Questions

tonyt76

Join
Jun 16, 2017
Hey guys new Spark owner here. I have a few questions:

1. When I went out of range and the Spark did a RTH, the gimbal (which was pointed diagonally down) adjusted itself to point straight forward and I could not control it during RTH, is this normal behavior?

2. RTH speed was around 20mph. When I cancelled RTH the speed dropped to 11mph even while pushing fully forward on the right stick. Is the Spark set to RTH at around 20mph?

3. Does the iPad mini 4 fit in the controller like it does in the Mavic controller?

Thanks!

Last edited:
I don't have the answers to #1 and #2 off the top of my head.
But #3, YES.

It does fit very snug in the controller but it felt awkward to hold in my hands all the time so that's why I went with a Dirty J. Designs tablet holder.
It cost $35 and has a place for a neck strap to attach to which is a plus to have.
More time concentrating on your flight without having to worry about dropping your controller.

1. Never checked will go on todo list. It don't sounds idiot that it does so as when you would get back the video feed and flying high speed, the best is to see where you go.

2. Yes, the RTH speed 10m/s (~20 mph) is higher than the normal speed 6 m/s (13.4 mph) or the speed with obstacle avoidance enable 3 m/s (6.7 mph) or the tripod mode speed 1 m/s (2.2 mph), but lower than sport mode 14m/s (31 mph). So if you are really very low in battery, don't let the RTH make the flight, you will be quicker back if you take it back manually in sport mode.

3. As Spark317 said, it "just" fits, but it is at the limit of what is reasonable when considering the price of the mini 4 and the fact you have to remove any kind of protective . Better to have a tablet holder or use wifi and just leave it on what kind of table you would have.

Reactions: tonyt76

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast