Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark Range problems

Houseofkemp

Join
Jan 29, 2018
HI All

I have had the Spark for a few months now but have never actually tested the max. Seeing a lot of videos on youtube where people fly over 1km away, I went out and tested it today. Extremely disappointing that the drone wants to return to home after 150 m away and about 40m high. Loosing video signal even before that. No OTG cable and latest firmware. Not in beginners mode. Any suggestions?

Any suggestions?
Here are some things to try:
  • Fly in a location where you know there will be no Wi-Fi interference
  • Make sure there are no other electronic devices near your Spark remote controller
  • Enable airplane mode on your mobile device and then re-enable Wi-Fi
  • Position your Spark remote controller antennas like this

HI All

I have had the Spark for a few months now but have never actually tested the max. Seeing a lot of videos on youtube where people fly over 1km away, I went out and tested it today. Extremely disappointing that the drone wants to return to home after 150 m away and about 40m high. Loosing video signal even before that. No OTG cable and latest firmware. Not in beginners mode. Any suggestions?

I am staying in Singapore where there are many high rise building and tons of interference from 2.4/5ghz. I DIY a parabolic reflector by using cardboard and aluminium tape. Range achieve is 250m with a good FPV, without the reflector i will have problem when i reached 100m in distance.

I have not actually tried to the extend the drone loss signal and RTH is activated as i wants to make sure i can see where the drone is from my FPV if there is a need to retrieve my drone if anything were to happen.

Those online parabolic reflector are small, i have bought one but waiting for it to arrive. The DIY one is much longer. I will compare both and update here again.

I am staying in Singapore where there are many high rise building and tons of interference from 2.4/5ghz. I DIY a parabolic reflector by using cardboard and aluminium tape. Range achieve is 250m with a good FPV, without the reflector i will have problem when i reached 100m in distance.

I have not actually tried to the extend the drone loss signal and RTH is activated as i wants to make sure i can see where the drone is from my FPV if there is a need to retrieve my drone if anything were to happen.

Those online parabolic reflector are small, i have bought one but waiting for it to arrive. The DIY one is much longer. I will compare both and update here again.
i also living in Singapore. i flew 1000meters using Sunnylife reflector. (i both two)1 i am selling away . i have diy a reflector too using aluminum . it works and could get 800meters.

i also living in Singapore. i flew 1000meters using Sunnylife reflector. (i both two)1 i am selling away . i have diy a reflector too using aluminum . it works and could get 800meters.
Interesting i shall try mine when i have receive it but i dun think my reflector are from sunnylife.

Thanks for the info

hopefully we can meet up one day. can go marine bay, East side. i live at dakota cresent

BTW the 1km distance you have achieve is in HDB area? Thanks

Wah very nice. I think you have a lot of signal warning although the sides are low rise.

Sure we can meet at Marina bay as i would like to try out the range as well as to try out loss of signal with RTH.

Is the video fast forward? I dun think i can get that speed when i was flying in Bishan.

Singapore is difficult to find a open space . so far i know is kallang around that area. every 500meters to less then 1000meters will have a building hdb or shop.

The next place i would like to try is Tuas, can fly to Malaysia and U-turn there is definitely a very open space.

yes. is a fast foward video i edit alot in speed for testing. i can show you the return home will work once it lost signal.

yes. is a fast foward video i edit alot in speed for testing. i can show you the return home will work once it lost signal.
Sure.

When you intend to go Marina barrage to fly? Need to go late evening else it is difficult to fly drone as there are too many kites.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Detlef