Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark RC wifi dissipare

zirant

Join
Aug 16, 2017
Hi, I'm from Serbia, and just recieved Spark combo. After spark activatinon, I was update spark firmware successfully, and after that, I am updated RC firmware too.
But, after RC firmware updated, I'm unable to see RC wifi and connect to devices. (spark and RC are connected, there are green light on RC)
Any help?

Hi, what kind of phone/tablet are you using ?

Same here, using Sony xperia XZ...
So android. The following is just a possibility. I had same case with my old Samsung S6, but it was before I got the RC. There could be other fault possibilities.

You should check if your phone can connect to wifi channels 149-165 at 5.8G band. My Samsung S6, Tab S2 cannot, but my S8 yes. Seems that iphone have no issue with 5.8G.
You can use app like "Wifi Analyzer" to check if you can see the SSID of the RC (Spark-RC-xxxx).

When powered on, the Spark check the 2 wifi bands. If 2.4G is quite, it uses it else it uses 5.8G. Then the RC link uses the other band for the link to your phone.
If the link to your phone is 5.8G and your phone cannot use it, you are stuck.

Your options if your phone cannot use 5.8G:
- Get a device that can use these 5.8G channels, seems IOS device can do it (ipad min4 for sure). S8 for sure.
- Use an OTG cable to connect RC to phone, but there will be a few functionalities not available (less using android), not a too big issue, many use it.

In general, avoid other wifi and bluetooth in the area you fly, after you get it to work.
Best it to try in a remote area instead of home where there could be a lot of wifi/bluetooth.
You can also ask a friend which has an iphone/ipad or some new android phone to try and so be sure there is no issue with the RC.

So android. The following is just a possibility. I had same case with my old Samsung S6, but it was before I got the RC. There could be other fault possibilities.

You should check if your phone can connect to wifi channels 149-165 at 5.8G band. My Samsung S6, Tab S2 cannot, but my S8 yes. Seems that iphone have no issue with 5.8G.
You can use app like "Wifi Analyzer" to check if you can see the SSID of the RC (Spark-RC-xxxx).

When powered on, the Spark check the 2 wifi bands. If 2.4G is quite, it uses it else it uses 5.8G. Then the RC link uses the other band for the link to your phone.
If the link to your phone is 5.8G and your phone cannot use it, you are stuck.

Your options if your phone cannot use 5.8G:
- Get a device that can use these 5.8G channels, seems IOS device can do it (ipad min4 for sure). S8 for sure.
- Use an OTG cable to connect RC to phone, but there will be a few functionalities not available (less using android), not a too big issue, many use it.

In general, avoid other wifi and bluetooth in the area you fly, after you get it to work.
Best it to try in a remote area instead of home where there could be a lot of wifi/bluetooth.
You can also ask a friend which has an iphone/ipad or some new android phone to try and so be sure there is no issue with the RC.
Thanks for info i assumed that there's something with 2.4 and 5.8 frequency. I'm using otg from first day and didn't have any problem with connection buy my range is about 350m distance then he start to lose connection (well that's in urban area, around houses and lots of tree's). And one more thing, when I'm on otg cable I don't have that option to change frequency (2.4 and 5.8)...is that because rc is not using phone wifi or....?

Thanks for info i assumed that there's something with 2.4 and 5.8 frequency. I'm using otg from first day and didn't have any problem with connection buy my range is about 350m distance then he start to lose connection (well that's in urban area, around houses and lots of tree's). And one more thing, when I'm on otg cable I don't have that option to change frequency (2.4 and 5.8)...is that because rc is not using phone wifi or....?
OTG connection to phone is not supported by DJI, they expect to use it for their google.
The following effects have been reported as affected by OTG connection:
  • Cannot change wifi band. In IOS, on android it don't seems correct (looks like PH3).
  • No signal level indication.
  • Loss of custom buttons setup (for ios devices only).
  • Not officially supported by dji, so it could be removed.
  • Some says that RC cannot be calibrated ? (not checked)
  • RTH maximum altitude is 50m (not checked)
To change the frequency band, it requires to first connect with wifi, set the band, turn off wifi and connect the OTG cable.

OTG connection to phone is not supported by DJI, they expect to use it for their google.
The following effects have been reported as affected by OTG connection:
  • Cannot change wifi band. In IOS, on android it don't seems correct (looks like PH3).
  • No signal level indication.
  • Loss of custom buttons setup (for ios devices only).
  • Not officially supported by dji, so it could be removed.
  • Some says that RC cannot be calibrated ? (not checked)
  • RTH maximum altitude is 50m (not checked)
To change the frequency band, it requires to first connect with wifi, set the band, turn off wifi and connect the OTG cable.
So basically that means either IOS or return and get money back because my phone doesn't support 5.8 frequency

Or you try to use an OTG adapter on the RC and connect your phone using normal cable.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe