Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark Repair Experience - Good!

Tafische

Join
Jul 6, 2018
Loc
USA - Tennessee
Just wanted to give Kudos to DJI for their repair process. I had an issue that I needed to get repaired - my fault. Went online last Wednesday, filled out a form and hit submit. A short time later a UPS airbill showed up in my email. Sent it that afternoon and it arrived Friday. Monday morning I get a diagnosis and estimate, which I thought were quite reasonably priced. Made payment and within a couple of hours I had a shipping notification (and new serial number). Should be here by Wednesday.....so all in all 7 days start to finish. Good email updates all along the process.

It is great that you took the time to report your repair success! It helps give me confidence in DJI.

Reactions: Prayingdsr
Just wanted to give Kudos to DJI for their repair process. I had an issue that I needed to get repaired - my fault. Went online last Wednesday, filled out a form and hit submit. A short time later a UPS airbill showed up in my email. Sent it that afternoon and it arrived Friday. Monday morning I get a diagnosis and estimate, which I thought were quite reasonably priced. Made payment and within a couple of hours I had a shipping notification (and new serial number). Should be here by Wednesday.....so all in all 7 days start to finish. Good email updates all along the process.

Had a similar experience. Light crash which fractured the rotor arm, thankfully had purchased DJI refresh. Submitted online, shipped it and watched the progress. Having worked in operations, service and delivery I was impressed with the progress updates and the clean and simple process overall. Money well spent. Refurbished drone back as good as new.

Very pleased with overall experience. Glad you had a similar one!

Had a similar experience. Light crash which fractured the rotor arm, thankfully had purchased DJI refresh. Submitted online, shipped it and watched the progress. Having worked in operations, service and delivery I was impressed with the progress updates and the clean and simple process overall. Money well spent. Refurbished drone back as good as new.

Very pleased with overall experience. Glad you had a similar one!

You been happy with refresh? I'm a pretty good pilot with 30+ hours but things happen. This repair was cheaper than refresh this time. I'm also not into buying extended warranties. BUT apparently they will be offering me refresh without having to do the whole video thing for the first 72 hours after I activate it. So I'm considering it.....

You been happy with refresh? I'm a pretty good pilot with 30+ hours but things happen. This repair was cheaper than refresh this time. I'm also not into buying extended warranties. BUT apparently they will be offering me refresh without having to do the whole video thing for the first 72 hours after I activate it. So I'm considering it.....

I think it is worth it for the times when you experience damage that grounds you, or worse loss of the aircraft. I accept it is an additional cost, but $60 is not a lot to ask as a percentage of cost. But then there is also the $49 repair fee if it is not a soft or hard fault with the drone.

If I hadn’t purchased it then I am sure it would have been much more of a hassle, and I doubt much cheaper to repair. DJI just make it easy as you have experienced.

I would love to hear from others who have found other options for repair. But for me it makes sense. Might take a little more care in sport mode next time..... but it’s just too much fun!

Light crash which fractured the rotor arm, thankfully had purchased DJI refresh. Submitted online, shipped it and watched the progress. Having worked in operations, service and delivery I was impressed with the progress updates and the clean and simple process overall. Money well spent. Refurbished drone back as good as new.
I used DJI Care Refresh for exactly the same kind of damage.
Palm launch FAIL
Got a refurbished drone in about 10 days. So thumbs up to DJI Support.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast