Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark showing its age.

skippy1331

Join
Apr 2, 2020
Loc
Darwin Australia
Finally had my first proper crash today.
Was Fanging around, then next second it starts returning to home at 40%. Even though RTH is set to 20%

Tried to turn it off but continued to do so. Then it said critical low battery landing. So within 10-15 seconds it went from 40% to 10%. Anyhow lost connection of it and just landed in a big area of shrubs and trees. Thankfully I jumped back on my bike and ran into the bush.
Managed to reconnect to drone with remote and it thankfully was giving a GPS signal even though it was upside down.

Had 2% left when I was doing the running in the bush with shorts and thongs on haha. Managed to line up controller with drone and got to 2 Meters of it and saw flashing red lights through the leaves on ground.
THANK GAWD!!

Anyway got home and tried to figure out what went wrong. But common sense was saying the battery had seen better days and was just showing age.

Looked at stats for battery and it had been charged 23 Times with a capacity of 1230mah
So a loss of 250mah.
Checked voltage and was low but not horribly and all within 0.02v so pretty bloody good.
Video footage was going the whole time. Unfortunately I turned the spark off before stopping the recording. So corrupted unfortunately and have tried everything to get it to work...

I uploaded it to YouTube and seems to work fine there.. go figure.

Anyway I feel that the spark has met it's age.
Batteries will be few and far between to buy now a days.

Reactions: Spark 317
Hello from the Hoosier Heartland skippy1331.

That's a story with a happy ending. :)

But common sense was saying the battery had seen better days and was just showing age.

Looked at stats for battery and it had been charged 23 Times

I think I'm up to 70 charges on my batteries and get about 12 minutes of good flight. They are all first generation batteries.

Unfortunately I turned the spark off before stopping the recording. So corrupted unfortunately and have tried everything to get it to work...

A trick that I have learned from the members here is to put the card back in the Spark, record a few seconds of new video and the previous corrupted file should repair itself.

Anyway I feel that the spark has met it's age.
Batteries will be few and far between to buy now a days.

Batteries are available on line but have gone up a little.
There are even some that are refurbished, usually marked with the letters FN on the case.

I uploaded it to YouTube

Post some of your footage from YouTube to the Video / Photo section by copy / paste the URL in a thread you create. We'd love to see it.

And if you think the Spark is too old and need something newer, like a Mavic Air 2 perhaps, then you might be able to sell the Spark in the classified section.

Welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit