Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark shutdown in the air

luketanti

Join
Jul 20, 2017
Hi all,

I have received my brand new DJI Spark combo and I had a very bad first experience.
So I charged all the batteries to 100% then paired with my phone (OnePlus 5), paired with the RC controller and checked calibration. All bars where green. Then I set it up on the floor in-doors with the provided propeller guards and took off. It looked very stable and was able to move only a little do to the collision sensor. So I decided to turn it off while in flight. The app did let me do it so it is not something wrong. But after disabling it and pushing the stick forward the Spark turned off and fell to the floor. Luckily nothing happened but I did not expect this to happen. The battery was completely off no greed LEDs on nothing. When I pressed the button again on the battery it showed 3 green lights and one flashing so battery level was still good.

Later that evening I went to a big field and tried the same battery and 3 others and did not have any problems but I did not try to turn off the collision sensors again because I fear that it can happen again.

Is there someone with similar experiences?

Thanks!

Hi all,

I have received my brand new DJI Spark combo and I had a very bad first experience.
So I charged all the batteries to 100% then paired with my phone (OnePlus 5), paired with the RC controller and checked calibration. All bars where green. Then I set it up on the floor in-doors with the provided propeller guards and took off. It looked very stable and was able to move only a little do to the collision sensor. So I decided to turn it off while in flight. The app did let me do it so it is not something wrong. But after disabling it and pushing the stick forward the Spark turned off and fell to the floor. Luckily nothing happened but I did not expect this to happen. The battery was completely off no greed LEDs on nothing. When I pressed the button again on the battery it showed 3 green lights and one flashing so battery level was still good.

Later that evening I went to a big field and tried the same battery and 3 others and did not have any problems but I did not try to turn off the collision sensors again because I fear that it can happen again.

Thanks!
I'm worried. ****

Hi all,

Thanks!

It IS possible to shut down the motors during the flight if you command it to. It's an emergency shut down procedure. Check out YouTube. One guy shut down and restarted a Mavic in flight!!

[QUOTE="Spark 317, post: 7659, One guy shut down and restarted a Mavic in flight!![/QUOTE]

That takes brass ones. Like those biplane pilots who stall out and restart midflight. No thanks!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme