Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark startup

Bill Sallberg

Join
Apr 20, 2019
I'm Bill
I purchased a spark with a controller. I have yet not been able to fly this. I downloaded the manual so it was big enough to read and the first this is to check for firmware updates. Well, I downloaded on my pc the app they said to open DJI spark assistant. But my computer will not let me open it as the publisher is not approved. How am I supposed to do that? In asking google I am to open internet explorer (which i don't have). HELP

Reactions: Andre Levite
The latest upgrade of windows 10 will not run programs with no valid certificate. I was able to do it on old version of windows 10 before. You need to activate the administrator user. Your computer is either setup with multiple users or single user. Administrator will be added and you will need to login with user administrator. To activate the administrator user profile do this:
On your bottom left screen search box type CMD, press ctrl + shift and enter key at the same time, this will open cmd prompt window
On the cmd prompt window enter NET USER ADMINISTRATOR /ACTIVE:YES and press enter. It will come back with message “the command completed successfuly”
Restart your computer and user administrator should now be available. Login as administrator. It does not use a password.
You can now use DJI assistant 2.
When done, disable user administrator by going to the same process except enter NET USER ADMINISTRATOR /ACTIVE:NO

Do not leave administrator active since it does not use a password.

I'm Bill
I purchased a spark with a controller. I have yet not been able to fly this. I downloaded the manual so it was big enough to read and the first this is to check for firmware updates. Well, I downloaded on my pc the app they said to open DJI spark assistant. But my computer will not let me open it as the publisher is not approved. How am I supposed to do that? In asking google I am to open internet explorer (which i don't have). HELP

It is not necessary to install the DJI Assistant 2 app to a computer in order to perform firmware updates. That method of actually a bag of hurt (for a new user).

Much easier to download the DJI Go 4 app to your phone. Any new firmware updates will give an alert. Installation is one step.

DJI Assistant can be reserved for complex troubleshooting.

Reactions: nilanjan118

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit