Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark too windy to fly

Pixies Channel

Join
May 27, 2018
Hi all, I went out with the Yorkshire drone seekers to the peak district, We only got the drone up a couple of times as it got very windy. Even too windy for the boys that flew the Mavics.

Here too, it was my hope to do a real flight this weekend, been a month and a half since I have had the chance. I did simply go up about 60 meters and back down again... The video was not really worth sharing... but it felt good to see her go up then back down!!:cool:

Same issues here. I have a lighthouse near me and want to take up close photos and some video. The past few weeks we have had wind about 12knots with gusts up to 25knots. Mostly cross winds of my flight pattern. Yesterday it was lighter air but the direction was at my back on the flight out and into the wind RTH. The flight tests my VLOS ability so I am trying to add navigation strobes to keep track of the UAS. In the photo below is the flight path I need to fly. The red X shows where I can walk at normal low tide. At very low tide I can walk almost to the lighthouse.

Attachments

• Map.jpg
    Map.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 21
Reactions: Pixies Channel
Same issues here. I have a lighthouse near me and want to take up close photos and some video. The past few weeks we have had wind about 12knots with gusts up to 25knots. Mostly cross winds of my flight pattern. Yesterday it was lighter air but the direction was at my back on the flight out and into the wind RTH. The flight tests my VLOS ability so I am trying to add navigation strobes to keep track of the UAS. In the photo below is the flight path I need to fly. The red X shows where I can walk at normal low tide. At very low tide I can walk almost to the lighthouse.
That's a bit of a walk, But the shots will be worth it, I'm sure you know but don't get caught out with the tide and keep an eye off it. Will you be doing a video of the lighthouse too?

An orbit around the lighthouse with a flyover or even the helix(spelling) would look so cool.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulieMyers