Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark won’t remain steady when I try to fly it in my apartment.

S

SparkieFun

I’ve tried two days in a row to fly my “Sparkie” inside my apartment. When it takes off, it goes sideways and hits the wall. I live in a small apartment on the second floor of a small building in Lima, Peru. I get a message that I have interference. I have three wifi Apple repeaters in the apartment. Could that be the problem. I can’t even control it. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Hello from the Mid-West, SparkieFun.

That's one of the Sparks nemesis, WiFi interference.
Not just yours, but everybody else in the apartments that have WiFi.

When flying inside, chances are you won't have GPS lock and will be in Atti-mode, which may drift a little.

Stay away from the walls and ceilings as the prop wash may suck it in that direction.

Good luck and welcome to the Forum.:cool:

Reactions: SparkieFun
Hello from the Mid-West, SparkieFun.

That's one of the Sparks nemesis, WiFi interference.
Not just yours, but everybody else in the apartments that have WiFi.

When flying inside, chances are you won't have GPS lock and will be in Atti-mode, which may drift a little.

Stay away from the walls and ceilings as the prop wash may suck it in that direction.

Good luck and welcome to the Forum.:cool:

Thanks, Spark 317. It’s a pity since I had in mind taking some indoors selfies.

Yes, most definitely due to wifi and Bluetooth. Bluetooth uses the 2.4 band and the Sparks default is 5.8. So interference is two-fold, one messing with your remotes band which is by default 2.4 to your mobile device. And the connection to your spark 5.8.

Reactions: SparkieFun
Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the SparkPilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in DJI Spark quadcopter’s.
Enjoy!
*DJI Spark Manual: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Spark/Spark User Manual V1.6-.pdf

Thanks for the welcome! Greetings from Lima, Peru

Hello,
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in DJI Spark quadcopter’s.
Enjoy!
*DJI Spark Manual: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Spark/Spark User Manual V1.6-.pdf

Hello,
Enjoy!
for t

Reactions: LuvMyTJ
Thanks, Spark 317. It’s a pity since I had in mind taking some indoors selfies.
Don’t give up yet. Try turning off all your wifi boxes. Disconnect or turn off any wireless devices, including cordless phones. Don’t use the microwave while trying it, since it too operates normally on the 2.4 band.
I have successfully hovered my Spark indoors and flown it bit.
Give it go.
Bienvenido, cheers

how is the lighting in your apartment ?? i have no issues inside my house with wifi etc, but it is very well lit.

I still avoid selfies since it may crash into the ceiling but I have test flown it a few times.

Also flew it at our office after hours, it gets really confused when you fly over an obstacle, tries to climb over it so again ceiling risk.

Same here. If you have not enough light the sensors will not work in ATTI mode. Light up the room and it will work.

Thanks, guys! I’m getting good pieces of advice here. As for the lightning, it is really good. Basically the problem lies on the wifi signals. I will disconnect all the wifi sources and repeaters as suggested by MannyCAM2001. I will communicate the outcome.

Thanks, guys! I’m getting good pieces of advice here. As for the lightning, it is really good. Basically the problem lies on the wifi signals. I will disconnect all the wifi sources and repeaters as suggested by MannyCAM2001. I will communicate the outcome.
It could also has something to do with a floor with no pattern. The sensors do not opperate well in this condition. It does not have a point to fix position when there is no pattern in floor.

It could also has something to do with a floor with no pattern. The sensors do not opperate well in this condition. It does not have a point to fix position when there is no pattern in floor.

I don’t thinks it’s the floor, Fred. The apartment has a wooden floor with a nice pattern, which is easy to see. :)

Just a quick update, guys. I finally managed to fly my Spark in my apartment! I unplugged my wireless hub and all my wifi repeaters, and voila! It flew without going sideways or falling down. I even took a few selfies! Lol! Thanks for your tips and support.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme