Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark won't connect

rodher12

Join
Aug 31, 2020
Hello guys, I almost drop everything because I can't connect my spark to anything (mobile device, laptop, etc) when I press the power button on the spark no beep/beeps coming out from it. I've tried almost all videos in YT with no luck... I have installed the assistant 2 and it's running fine I guess.. the issue is that when I connect the drone I got the error of "unkown device". I tried to find the driver so I can update the driver on device manager but I can't find it anywhere or how to fix my particular problem. Hope you guys can tell me how to go out from this hole I'm sinking.

Hello guys, I almost drop everything because I can't connect my spark to anything (mobile device, laptop, etc) when I press the power button on the spark no beep/beeps coming out from it. I've tried almost all videos in YT with no luck... I have installed the assistant 2 and it's running fine I guess.. the issue is that when I connect the drone I got the error of "unkown device". I tried to find the driver so I can update the driver on device manager but I can't find it anywhere or how to fix my particular problem. Hope you guys can tell me how to go out from this hole I'm sinking.
I purchased my spark about a year and a half ago and had the same problem I got so frustrated that I called a friend in Dallas that had one too and he told me he had the same problem also it’s a ***** to get them started and to get the all connected and wish I could help you but don’t remember what I had to do .all I know is that it took a couple of days to figure it out.hope someone can guide you in the right direction

Reactions: rodher12
Hello from the Hoosier Heartland rodher12.

when I press the power button on the spark no beep/beeps coming out from it.

I assume you have a fully charged and functional battery?
You might check the terminals on the battery and the Spark to insure there is no debris blocking the circuit.

This video from DJI has information about activation, WiFi connection to the Spark via remote or phone, and how to reset the WiFi.

You may have to watch it a few times, if you haven't already.

I have never used the Assistant so I'm no help there.

Good luck. ?

Reactions: rodher12

You might check the terminals on the battery and the Spark to insure there is no debris blocking the circuit.

This video from DJI has information about activation, WiFi connection to the Spark via remote or phone, and how to reset the WiFi.

Good luck. ?
Thank you sir but I've tried that too, but the spark wifi information (SSID) doesn't show in my network. :'(

Are you using the right version of DJI Assistant 2
It's at the bottom of the downloads page

Try also disabling "driver signature enforcement" in Windows 10, DJI never had it's drivers authorised so they are sometimes blocked by Microsoft

1598980515947.png

Are you using the right version of DJI Assistant 2
It's at the bottom of the downloads page

Try also disabling "driver signature enforcement" in Windows 10, DJI never had it's drivers authorised so they are sometimes blocked by Microsoft

View attachment 13338
Yes Sir, downloaded that one and ran my laptop with the driver signature disabled but the issue still there.

Yes Sir, downloaded that one and ran my laptop with the driver signature disabled but the issue still there.

Does the spark actually connect to the remote controller ?
Have you charged the battery, does it show a charge when you test it by pressing the power once. ?
Did you remember the the button sequence for power on "it's press, press and hold until the light cycle across"

I assuming you have the spark turned on when you connect it to the PC, constant green light on the battery

Here is the drivers batch file location, so you can try to rerun it, see the file path at the top, then pick the relevant batch file for the operating system you have

DJI Assistant 2 driver batch file - Copy.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: RotorWash

Good luck. ?
Does the spark actually connect to the remote controller ?
Have you charged the battery, does it show a charge when you test it by pressing the power once. ?
Did you remember the the button sequence for power on "it's press, press and hold until the light cycle across"

I assuming you have the spark turned on when you connect it to the PC, constant green light on the battery

Here is the drivers batch file location, so you can try to rerun it, see the file path at the top, then pick the relevant batch file for the operating system you have

View attachment 13354
Thanks a lot for your time mate. Yes, I know the sequence of turning On/Off.. (pressing the power button twice.. I can charge the battery through the charger and laptop as well. Also, first run the assistant and then turn the spark On and when the assistant is running as it should then I connect the spark to the pc by the microUSB cable (I have changed the cable multiple times and laptop as well).
Let's see if I understand, do I need to click on the "DriverSetup64" file? (I have 64bt) if so, I guess I did that and something like the CMD appears but just like a flash, less than half of a second. Anyway, I'll try to do that with windows on troubleshooting mode and turn the driver signature off. I hope it works.
I'll let you know.
Rod

Thanks a lot for your time mate. Yes, I know the sequence of turning On/Off.. (pressing the power button twice.. I can charge the battery through the charger and laptop as well. Also, first run the assistant and then turn the spark On and when the assistant is running as it should then I connect the spark to the pc by the microUSB cable (I have changed the cable multiple times and laptop as well).
Let's see if I understand, do I need to click on the "DriverSetup64" file? (I have 64bt) if so, I guess I did that and something like the CMD appears but just like a flash, less than half of a second. Anyway, I'll try to do that with windows on troubleshooting mode and turn the driver signature off. I hope it works.
I'll let you know.
Rod
Update: no success I don't know if it is normal but when I press that DriverSetup64 file it stills shows it by a less than a half of a second. I'm running windows with the drivers signature turned off.

Update: no success I don't know if it is normal but when I press that DriverSetup64 file it stills shows it by a less than a half of a second. I'm running windows with the drivers signature turned off.

When you connect to the spark do you get the usb connect/disconnect tone cycling until you disconnect it ?

When you get the "unknown device" message after plugging in the Spark, right click the message and select "troubleshoot device", see if that does anything.

Try this tutorial

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit