Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

sphere photo stitching software

mal

Join
Aug 4, 2017
have just taken my first sphere photo. After downloading the 46 photos to my pc how do i stitch them together so i can move around in the finished shot on my desktop. What software do i need.?

And if you don't have a MAC ? ;-)

On PCs the easy choice is Microsoft ICE Image Composite Editor - Microsoft Research
- It's free, does a good and it's very fast
- it can auto-complete missing parts
- I haven't been able to make it stick to the standard 360x180 format so you can't import the pics in Theta+ for smartphones to create some TinyPlanet thingies. It might be possible though. You'll also need to process the output through Exif Fixer Exif Fixer - a tool for the 360 Facebook and Google communities to make FB 360s work.

An alternative would be PTGui but the full version is not free, it's slower and doesn't have auto-complete AFAIK. It does output the standard 360x180 format though and the result is automatically seen as a 360 by FB.

I have been trying to process my photos shot in sphere but I'm missing something. I take the photo with my spark, then set it to stich. After it's stiched, I find it in the right folder, but from there I hit a roadblock. I've searched, but can't find out what to do. Once the photo shows up on my SD card with the sphere logo in the photo, what's the next step? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I did, and I'll try it, but I thought there was a shortcut once the picture appears in your Go 4 app and has been stiched. Thanks.

There is indeed a pretty low resolution picture you can download to your picture gallery. You're much better off stitching the original files on your SD card using ICE.

Reactions: nazorbeats

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme