Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Still Pixel 2 XL Issues with Spark?

Sparky4222

Join
Apr 9, 2019
Good afternoon. I am a complete newcomer to the drone scene. I'm considering purchasing a Spark based on the reviews that I've read and the excellent pricing available now.

Doing my due diligence I have gone through numerous posts on this forum all of which relate to problems that users are having with the Spark and the Pixel 2 XL. I did not find a definitive answer with a solution in any of the posts, and an email which I sent to DJI tech support asking the same question has yet to be answered.

If anybody can shed some light on this for me I would appreciate it because if I'm not able to use the Pixel 2 XL, it's a deal-breaker in purchasing the drone.

Thanks in advance for any input.

Reactions: CLAY347
Hello from the Hoosier Heartland, flickinfritz.

Sorry, I can't help you with the Pixel, but there are others that may help.

I can welcome you to the Forum though. ?

Good afternoon. I am a complete newcomer to the drone scene. I'm considering purchasing a Spark based on the reviews that I've read and the excellent pricing available now.

Doing my due diligence I have gone through numerous posts on this forum all of which relate to problems that users are having with the Spark and the Pixel 2 XL. I did not find a definitive answer with a solution in any of the posts, and an email which I sent to DJI tech support asking the same question has yet to be answered.

If anybody can shed some light on this for me I would appreciate it because if I'm not able to use the Pixel 2 XL, it's a deal-breaker in purchasing the drone.

I can't comment on issues that others may or may not have. However my Spark has flown fine with my Pixel 2 XL. It wouldn't be a Spark issue anyway as much as it would be an issue with DJI Go 4 running (or not) on the Pixel 2 XL with Android 9 Pie. Mine works fine.

Having said that, the phone screen (even on an XL) is a bit small for me so I only did it a few times. Just make sure that you put the phone into airplane mode (and then re-enable WiFi), disable automatic updates, and turn off all notifications. You don't want things popping up on the screen while you're flying or software using processor cycles and slowing down Go 4. I prefer connecting my 8 or 10 inch tablet to it instead. It's a much nicer experience.

Hello from the Hoosier Heartland, flickinfritz.

Sorry, I can't help you with the Pixel, but there are others that may help.

I can welcome you to the Forum though. ?
I'm not sure if I read it right but if your having a pixel problem go in to your settings on the phone or tablet if you want your pixel small, setting then Display then hit font.. I hope this is what you need? if not get back to me an I'll try to help you with more.. But I'm sure there are others in here that can do the same... take care and click the thumbs up or Down... lol

I'm not sure if I read it right but if your having a pixel problem go in to your settings on the phone or tablet if you want your pixel small, setting then Display then hit font.. I hope this is what you need? if not get back to me an I'll try to help you with more.. But I'm sure there are others in here that can do the same... take care and click the thumbs up or Down... lol

Um...the Pixel 2 XL is a device being discussed here, not image quality.

Hi there (Sparky4222) And Right Off The Start the PIXEL 2XL is Absolutely A AWESOME Device to use with the SPARK DRONE and the Brother earlier was correct just go into your settings and do a factory default on all your image and display settings and or what ever suits you and if by chance you are trying to get great pictures and videos through the wireless WiFi and it keeps coming up pixeled and so on if you look on the sim card with in your SPARK on board system and download the pictures and videos of what is on the SD CARD it will be totally different looking from the on board system in which I'm sure you already know this but I have no problem with the PIXEL 2XL with the SPARK DRONE this is a list of devices of what me and my Dad have used with no issues at all THE PIXEL 2XL & PIXEL 3XL & THE ORIGINAL MOTO Z PLAY & MOTO Z2 FORCE EDITION & NEWEST IPAD 6 FULL SIZED ONE 9.7inch SCREEN & A IPHONE 7 PLUS! AND I WILL DEFINITELY BE GETTING A NEW SAMSUNG NOTE 10 WHEN IT DROPS A COUPLE OF MONTHS FROM NOW!!! GOD BLESS YOU ALL[emoji3583][emoji3583][emoji3583]!!!

A quick note to thank everyone for their comments, advice and suggestions.

I will have to take a crash course (pun intended) in learning how to safely fly a drone.

I am sure I will have many questions in the future and hope everyone will be as helpful with those as they have been with this one.

Thanks again,
Len

You want the best performance out of the Spark then you better get an iPad mini.
If you are going to spend the money for a iPad mini the iPad air1 referb is about the same or if you shop, maybe less than the mini, you won't regret going bigger. you will need an adapter approx. $18.00.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulieMyers