Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Strange behavior when switching the SPARK on

Der olle Hansen

Join
Jul 3, 2020
Loc
Luebeck, Germany
Yesterday evening I flew my SPARK, then put the gimbal protection on it and went home, charged the batteries, done.

This evening I wanted to fly again and had no camera image on the cell phone - everything just plain grey, but the gridlines were shown (I use an OTG cable between the RC and the cell phone). In addition, the information on the screen was incomplete: e.g. flight mode "GPS" ok, but no display of the number of satellites.
I switched the drone and the RC off and on several times and closed and restarted the app several times - no change.
Manual starting was not possible, the propellers only started very short with very little force and stopped after a few turns. In this state I tried a manual start (with a double click on the battery), then an acoustic message came: "Face recognition not successful!" and the drone didn't start.
At some point, after switching it off and on again and again, everything ran normally, all information on the screen, satellite reception normal, flight behavior normal.

In all my attempts I was in the same spot, so I did not move (e.g. out of a tight circle with magnetic interference). This is exactly where I started yesterday evening without any problems.

Has anyone ever experienced something similar?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulieMyers