Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Strange blue blob in all footage!

1uk3y

Join
Jan 4, 2019
Loc
West Midlands, UK
Hi all,
Has anyone had this problem before? I seem to have a strange artefact appearing in all of my filmed footage but it does not feature on any stills. As you can see from the pictures, its a fluorescent blue Blob which seems to dance around the same general area regardless of where/what I shoot! I have literally noticed this today having only had this drone brand new last week. Looking back, it appears on all of my footage in differing severities!

Anyone have any info on this??
L

Screenshot 2019-01-04 at 20.26.34.pngScreenshot 2019-01-04 at 20.25.33.pngScreenshot 2019-01-04 at 20.25.02.png

I know you said it doesn't appear an any of your still photos, but have you looked at the lens of your Spark to see if you can see any spots? You'll have to look with different light angles, a spot that small will be hard so see on a lens. You could also try taking both a photo and a short video shot of a white background to see if it shows.

I agree it's probably something on the lens. Seems to be in the exact same spot in all your footage.

I know you said it doesn't appear an any of your still photos, but have you looked at the lens of your Spark to see if you can see any spots? You'll have to look with different light angles, a spot that small will be hard so see on a lens. You could also try taking both a photo and a short video shot of a white background to see if it shows.

I agree it's probably something on the lens. Seems to be in the exact same spot in all your footage.

Thanks for the help.. If you look at the blobs and then look further down below them (towards the middle), you can make out 2 more blue blobs.. with moving footage they do actually move about... have a look at this; this is footage from my spark shot yesterday, skip to 1:33 and its clearer to see! Cheers..

I can see them and they seem to vibrate as the rest of the drone video is smooth. It's odd that they aren't there all of the time. You may want to contact DJI and see what they say.

I can see them and they seem to vibrate as the rest of the drone video is smooth. It's odd that they aren't there all of the time. You may want to contact DJI and see what they say.

Hi,

I actually returned it to the retailer this morning, they had a look at the footage and replaced it straight away! I now have a brand new spark so second time lucky!
I'm guessing it may have been a defect with a tiny part of the sensor, it was there in all conditions. I ruled out simple lens flair because it was in the same place and it didn't seem to 'flare', its just a dull smudge..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme