Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Strange issue with DJI Go 4 4.1.15 with Galaxy S9+

Jim Nielsen

Join
Apr 11, 2018
Loc
Omaha, NE
I recently purchased a Samsung Galaxy S9+ and it's a real joy to view the feed on the bigger ultra-hires screen. But something weird is happening.

I'm connected to a remote controller...so I never lose control of the spark, but for some reason (usually when I'm descending) the DJI Go 4 app just goes away. It's still running, but I'm back at the home screen. If I wait a few seconds, I can go right back into it...but it keeps recording and the spark is still under my control.

I was at the highest graphics setting, so I thought maybe I needed to turn that down to medium settings. But it still happened... only once though...whereas at the higher res it happened multiple times... I haven't tried the lowest graphics setting yet.

Has anyone else had this happen? If so, any ideas/suggestions on what to do? I'm happy that it's still working and recording, but it's really frustrating...and awkward to have to re-open it...

I had a Galaxy S6 before and this never happened.

I recently purchased a Samsung Galaxy S9+ and it's a real joy to view the feed on the bigger ultra-hires screen. But something weird is happening.

I'm connected to a remote controller...so I never lose control of the spark, but for some reason (usually when I'm descending) the DJI Go 4 app just goes away. It's still running, but I'm back at the home screen. If I wait a few seconds, I can go right back into it...but it keeps recording and the spark is still under my control.

I was at the highest graphics setting, so I thought maybe I needed to turn that down to medium settings. But it still happened... only once though...whereas at the higher res it happened multiple times... I haven't tried the lowest graphics setting yet.

Has anyone else had this happen? If so, any ideas/suggestions on what to do? I'm happy that it's still working and recording, but it's really frustrating...and awkward to have to re-open it...

I had a Galaxy S6 before and this never happened.

I have the S9+ and it works well for me
try to hide the S9 bottom buttons from the screen with a double tap on the taskbar dot, so it does not interfere with the Go4

I have the S9+ and it works well for me
try to hide the S9 bottom buttons from the screen with a double tap on the taskbar dot, so it does not interfere with the Go4

Thanks for the suggestion. It usually happens while I'm just on the remote and not touching the screen. But I guess it's possible that where the phone is being held by the RC it might be doing that. I'll give it a try...

I think there are power settings to keep apps alive longer, you may what to look there.

I think there are power settings to keep apps alive longer, you may what to look there.
Your right I always give the go4 app all power in battery setting and in battery setting make sure battery isn't optimising your flying app's that means they don't get full power from the processor. You can normally change it in the app settings and scroll down

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme