Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Strange Thing Happened

Walter Hall

Join
Mar 22, 2018
I was flying my Spark today the edge of a NFZ but not in one. I entered the NFZ by about 10 feet and the DJI software voice on the app started speaking in a warning sort of sound. I say it this was because it was not speaking in English but it was still clear that it was warning me. My app all appears in English during flight, but the voice was not speaking English? What do you thing is not set right?

I was flying my Spark today the edge of a NFZ but not in one. I entered the NFZ by about 10 feet and the DJI software voice on the app started speaking in a warning sort of sound. I say it this was because it was not speaking in English but it was still clear that it was warning me. My app all appears in English during flight, but the voice was not speaking English? What do you thing is not set right?

Try it again, only this time record video and have the cache options ON and maybe record the voice to possibly play it back on the Forum.

Somebody may interpret the language?

Keep right away from no fly zones if you enter one you will not be allowed to leave it will just land even if your over water

My neighbour popped across yesterday, he knows I have a Spark, and asked if I could check out his roof for a possible misplaced tile. He looked very disappointed when I said we’re in a NFZ and besides we’re built up with tall, Victorian houses and lots of people. I suggested he had a look at the Drone Code we have here in the UK. Gutted I couldn’t help but Rules is Rules.

I've had this happen to me, too. It sounds like it may be Chinese. If you'd like to recreate it, take off about 100' from the edge of a NFZ, fly toward the zone. Before it hits the zone, it will speak in this "Non-English" language, and the RC will vibrate in your hands, and it will stop like there is a force-field keeping it from going into the NFZ. If you keep trying to enter the NFZ, the aircraft will just keep bouncing off. You can only turn away and then it will let you continue flying. I've never had it try to land, as long as I was OUTSIDE the NFZ.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulieMyers