Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Strobe Lights

skipper20

Join
Dec 28, 2018
OK, I did use the Search feature but only 2 posts and they were mostly on how to mount a strobe light to the Spark. My question is about interference. How do you take stills or videos with the lights flashing? Wouldn't the flashing lights confuse the camera? Or, can you turn the strobe off in mid flight?

The response I saw that makes the most sense to me is to mount the strobes facing backward away from the camera and forward sensor.

Reactions: Highflyer
The only interference I had when was when i mounted one next to the VPS camera on the bottom.
The intense light blinded the camera and I had an erratic 30 second flight before I could land it hard.

I have mounted them on the arms and have had no problems.

Red on the front, white on the back.

Makes sense to me also. Any recommendations for a good strobe for the Spark? A non-Chinese supplier is preferred as I just found out the hard way that so-called "free shipping" from China takes about 4 weeks to get to the U.S. Also, is the Velcro mounting method reasonably secure? I would not want the strobe to come off mid-air if the Spark encountered unexpected turbulence or If I had to make a quick maneuver. Thanks!

I mounted 3 Strobon Cree onto inexpensive light weight landing gear using double stick tape - so not taking on and off and didn't want to mount directly on Spark. It is very secure and will not come off without significant effort. Does not affect photo or video or interfere with the landing camera or sensors.

Attachments

• IMG_0036.JPG
    IMG_0036.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 122
Is there a problem attaching the strob to the top of the spark with velcro?
Thank. Mike

I mounted 3 Strobon Cree onto inexpensive light weight landing gear using double stick tape - so not taking on and off and didn't want to mount directly on Spark. It is very secure and will not come off without significant effort. Does not affect photo or video or interfere with the landing camera or sensors.

That looks like a good solution.

Any major differences between the Firehouse Technology vs Strobon? Should we get one over the other?

Any major differences between the Firehouse Technology vs Strobon? Should we get one over the other?

I think they are both quality strobes, but I can only speak to the Strobon Cree - work great and at night could definitely see these pretty clearly from 2.5 miles out, giving me clear VLOS. A definite must when I fly at night.

Reactions: windryder
I think they are both quality strobes, but I can only speak to the Strobon Cree - work great and at night could definitely see these pretty clearly from 2.5 miles out, giving me clear VLOS. A definite must when I fly at night.

Thanks

I make these mounts for the Flytron STROBON Cree lights:

4.jpg

I don't have them available in my store, but I can also make these mounts to fit Firehouse Dual Cree lights. If anyone needs those, please email or PM me.

I know that strobe lights are primarily intended for night flights but is there any advantage to using them in daylight? There have been times when I've temporarily lost sight of my Spark in VLOS. I'm sure I could have seen it much quicker if it had had a flashing light on it even in daylight.

There have been times when I've temporarily lost sight of my Spark in VLOS. I'm sure I could have seen it much quicker if it had had a flashing light on it even in daylight.
Some people are using them during the day for that purpose. They are useful if your Spark is no further than about 800 to 1,000 feet away. It's tough (for me anyhow) to see the lights beyond that distance during the day.

Some people are using them during the day for that purpose. They are useful if your Spark is no further than about 800 to 1,000 feet away. It's tough (for me anyhow) to see the lights beyond that distance during the day.

And you are using the Strobon not Firehouse?

I know that strobe lights are primarily intended for night flights but is there any advantage to using them in daylight? There have been times when I've temporarily lost sight of my Spark in VLOS. I'm sure I could have seen it much quicker if it had had a flashing light on it even in daylight.

This would be my main reason for getting a set too.

And you are using the Strobon not Firehouse?
I own Firehouse lights too, but I was referring to STROBON lights.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Detlef