Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Strobes for UK use

twickers14

Join
Sep 6, 2018
Loc
SW U.K.
Hi all. Anyone in the UK point me in the right direction on a set of strobes for a spot of night flying. Plenty for sale in the US but haven’t seen any pilots here recommending them. I use prop protectors with legs so the arms are pretty full!

Hi all. Anyone in the UK point me in the right direction on a set of strobes for a spot of night flying. Plenty for sale in the US but haven’t seen any pilots here recommending them. I use prop protectors with legs so the arms are pretty full!
Hi,
eBay has these Ulanzi DR-01 Strobes and there are the more expensive Lume Cubes.

Many thanks. Can you see these from below, they are mounted on the top of the craft in the eBay images? Also how do they get attached to the surface they’re on?

Many thanks. Can you see these from below, they are mounted on the top of the craft in the eBay images? Also how do they get attached to the surface they’re on?
They can be seen from most angles and they are held in place by velcro pads attached to the AC. I bought some recently and have yet to test them and today, I also bought two Lume Cubes and Phantom 4 Brackets as a set from Amazon.

As people have suggested I am looking at lume cube anti collision lights but they are £44!!! What ever ones you get I was told you can only have a flashing white or red light to be legal .

Sorry for trespassing as I'm not from the U.K., but the strobes I use are available from this U.K. distributor.

They are small, lightweight and are very bright that are available in 4 colors.(colours) ?

I have them mounted on the tabs of the prop guards that can be seen from above and below.

They look to be at lesser price than what I paid for mine here in the States.

On Spark 317's testimonial, I decided to buy the Flytron Strobon Cree. I contacted Flytron in the UK and found the delivery date for Christmas was going to be tough, but they referred me to a U.S. dealer and I was able to get it in time. I only bought one white strobe so far, but as Spark 317 said, they also have red (for port side) and green (starboard side). I believe the ones in the UK come with the dual lock "velcro" tape whereas those I got in the U.S. did not although it is widely available elsewhere. Very light, very bright, USB rechargeable, I think it's a good value.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulieMyers