Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Strobon cree LED lights

Jhumpert

Join
Jan 6, 2019
So I bought the 3 LED navigation (red,green,white) strobon cree lights for my spark and I have the same landing gear as Heckmaniac.

I have the lights charged and now trying to figure out how to turn them on to flash for navigation. When I press them once it just flashes twice and stops. The button is so tiny I have trouble even pushing it.

When I press them once it just flashes twice and stops. The button is so tiny I have trouble even pushing it.
You need to press and hold the button for a few seconds to power it on.

Reactions: Jhumpert
Don’t look directly into the light.

They are bright little buggers.

I have learned how to put my thumb over the strobe when turning them ON after a temporary bout with "blindness" when I first received them.:D

They are bright little buggers.

I have learned how to put my thumb over the strobe when turning them ON after a temporary bout with "blindness" when I first received them.:D
Dont need to blind myself, have enough issues seeing right without blinding myself with an LED

Reactions: Spark 317
I don't really have fingernails but use my thumb tip of my nail to press the button and hold for about 1.5 to 2 seconds until bulb lights. Turning off (especially in the dark of night) can be more of a challenge - I put my one thumb over the light to keep from binding me, and the other thumb nail to press and hold the button another 1.5 to 2 sec to turn off.

I also cut my gear down to save on weight and less drag in the wind. Before and after below. Especially since now I also fly with a Tile Pro tracker strapped to the bottom of the battery.

Attachments

• 20190201_091746.jpg
    20190201_091746.jpg
    808.9 KB · Views: 91
  • 20190303_092505.jpg
    20190303_092505.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 91
  • 20190303_092651.jpg
    20190303_092651.jpg
    999.7 KB · Views: 94
  • 20190303_092708.jpg
    20190303_092708.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 94
I don't really have fingernails but use my thumb tip of my nail to press the button and hold for about 1.5 to 2 seconds until bulb lights. Turning off (especially in the dark of night) can be more of a challenge - I put my one thumb over the light to keep from binding me, and the other thumb nail to press and hold the button another 1.5 to 2 sec to turn off.

I also cut my gear down to save on weight and less drag in the wind. Before and after below. Especially since now I also fly with a Tile Pro tracker strapped to the bottom of the battery.
What does the Tile tracker do?

What does the Tile tracker do? ]

It's a bluetooth tracker that will help you pinpoint where your Tile is if within 300 ft of it. Even though DJI Go4 app has a find my drone feature - Find my drone in the app works great (I'm a big fan and did have to use in the past - successfully I might add), but only if GPS is locked in (not if fly away I don't think where GPS is lost). Also shows last position where it had GPS lock and had power. When battery drained it will not track the drone beyond last point it had power. Say your flying over forest at 350 ft going 30mph and battery pops out or bird strike and battery ejected. Spark will still travel a distance and could be stuck in tree or thick brush. Find my drone could get you within a general area, but Tile Pro will pinpoint once within 300 ft. Just an insurance policy for some additional peace of mind.

Last edited:

THat looks rather good. Where did the landing gear come from? I currently have my two lights attached to the rear arms.

THat looks rather good. Where did the landing gear come from? I currently have my two lights attached to the rear arms.

I got them on Amazon - type dji spark landing skids. Used to be on prime and got in 2 days - now multiple sellers but shipping g might take a little longer.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190303-113648_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190303-113648_Chrome.jpg
    688.7 KB · Views: 48
So I got the lights mounted to the skid mounts like you have yours and was able to get them turned on. Needless to say I looked at the lights and saw a few spots.

Do you actually think those ones are bright enough to see in the daytime ??
I am working on using a cyclist's rear tail light as you can see those for kms ?

Do you actually think those ones are bright enough to see in the daytime ??
I am working on using a cyclist's rear tail light as you can see those for kms ?

I'm guessin a cyclist strobe is bigger and heavier than these. You can see in the day but not nearly as well as at night, which I've tested 2.5 miles out, and can clearly still see.

Do they make something like this that does't Strobe? I'm thinking of using my SLR to do some Halo shots with a light kit like that, that just might be what the Dr Ordered. :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooNex