Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Swinging bridge over the San Rafael River

sharps45

Join
Apr 18, 2019
Finally got out! Chilly, blustery day, but got out for some flying. This is the 'Swinging Bridge' over the San Rafael River in southeastern Utah. It's the last suspension bridge remaining in the state. First built in 1931, it's been out of use for many years. The scenery around it is spectacular. After floating the river from Fuller's Bottom, this is where rafters and kayakers get out.
Sorry for the video quality- it was chilly and breezy, and with the reflection on the phone screen I couldn't really see where or what I was filming. Actually turned out better than I expected.

I think that suspension bridges are cool the way they work and how they are built.

Thanks for sharing. :)

Great to see such spectacular scenery plus the lovely old bridge. We’re stuck indoors although couldn’t contemplate flying, it’s been gusting 35mph for 3 days here. Some Spring. Be safe.

Amazing places. Wow.
I'd like to visit places like this.
I grew up around this and didn't appreciate it. I couldn't understand why people from other countries, places I think would be so cool to see, would want to come and look at my backyard. I've finally realized what we have here- within 45 minutes from my home I can be at 12,000 feet in the mountains or on the red-rock desert. If anyone wants a guided tour. let me know.

Finally got out! Chilly, blustery day, but got out for some flying. This is the 'Swinging Bridge' over the San Rafael River in southeastern Utah. It's the last suspension bridge remaining in the state. First built in 1931, it's been out of use for many years. The scenery around it is spectacular. After floating the river from Fuller's Bottom, this is where rafters and kayakers get out.
Sorry for the video quality- it was chilly and breezy, and with the reflection on the phone screen I couldn't really see where or what I was filming. Actually turned out better than I expected.

Beautiful

Man is that ever beautiful! Such amazing scenery!

Reactions: sharps45

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Detlef