Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Switches to ATTI Mode

Donny

Join
Jan 7, 2018
Hi, I been flying Spark since December with no issues; I think in that time it switched to ATTI mode once or twice. But recently while flying in my typical "test" area where I have never had a problem with GPS, it switched to ATTI mode once per short flight. Just wondering if anyone has seen this? May have to return to DJI for repair / calibration. One last thing: after the third incident in as many days I re-calibrated everything on the Spark and on the fourth flight it again lost GPS.

It's possible there's something going wrong so definitely check with DJI and have they read the logs but also keep in mind that even though your in the same location, the KP levels and other environmental factors may not stay constant.

Reactions: Sparkbart
+1

There can be environmental circumstances. I too have a "test route" I fly all my drones in my neighborhood. I don't tend to push my Spark too far as I lose sight of it very quick but my Mavic Air, I can fly the route and complete it in the morning. I can fly the same route in the afternoon and I can't get half the distance or have to fly an abbreviated route....

It's possible there's something going wrong so definitely check with DJI and have they read the logs but also keep in mind that even though your in the same location, the KP levels and other environmental factors may not stay constant.

Lijep pozdrav.
Nedavno sam postao vlasnik dji spark letjelice i prezadovoljan sam dobivenim, jedinio me zanima kako riješiti problem s gps i kompas greškama?
Letim u naseljenom mjestu i mislio sam da je to razlog ali nedavno sam bio par dana u selu i letio sam iznad polja gdje nema ničega i stvar je opet ista.
jednostavno izbaci greška kompas i krene nekontrolirano letjeti ... do sad sam imao sreću pa sam ga uspio vratiti svaki put ali kad ponovno letim, letim sa strahom da ga neću vratiti. A vidim po forumima iz iskustva drugih pilota da sam nemam samo ja problem pa bih molio za pomoć.

me too facing the same issue.
cannot exchange the spark with something else with DJI
really frustrated.

I think Tentoes has a very good point in your other thread where you mentioned you same problems. Metallic based stickers can keep the GPS signals from reaching the receiver in the drone. So make sure you stay clear of shiny stickers. Also are you allowing your drone to have plenty of time to get a GPS lock? Sometimes this might take a couple of minutes if your GPS signal is weak. Also if you are flying inside, be sure you are flying in a lighted area where the drone can see the floor for positioning, other wise it will be in Atti mode and will not stop when you let off the sticks.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooNex