Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Switching between mobile devices

John Dwyer

Join
Jul 20, 2017
Do people tend to use the same mobile device with their spark/remote? I have started using my iPad Air 2 but will most likely want to switch between that for more serious videography and my S7 edge for impromptu fun, will it confuse the spark by switching devices? Do settings get stored in the spark itself or on the mobile device?

Cheers

JD

Should not be an issue. Personally I am also using an iPad mini 4 (for Spark) or Tab S2 (for my Phantom) for serious work and my S8 (for Spark) when I want to be light as much.
Critical settings (RTH mode, altitude, ...) are saved in the Spark but a few not (like Metric/Imperial units to use. So better to check in details at first use, I never checked which one is not in the Spark.
You will have to sync your flight records on each device so both get the same after the sync.

I have flown my Spark with 3 different iPhones and with a droid tablet. No issue yet except lots of hangs and app crashing using droid tablet.

Yes, if you sync on device 1, all its flights goes to dji server and then when you sync device 2, the same happen and the new flights of device 1 are copied to device 2. Then next time you sync device 1, it got the one of device 2.

Yeah I can confirm,(iPad and iPhone) you just have to hit the little sync button on both devices and all the flight records will be synced. But photos will remain on the individual devocss

Reactions: Dronason
Thanks guys, so all the logs etc should sync between devices?
You are right. If you use Go4 app for editing, pics and videos are not sync this way.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme