Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Tahoe 2018

cam05210

Join
Feb 15, 2018
The Mrs. and I are big into paddle boarding so this year we did a week at Lake Tahoe for vacation. This trip was the entire reason I initially purchased the Spark knowing the views were going to be out of this world. I spent a few months on our local lake getting comfortable not only flying over water with a variety of maneuvers and shots, but being able to take off and land while in the middle of the lake sitting on a board. This was quite nerve racking as you can imagine for the first few times especially when you're < 10% battery life, drifting on the board, and attempting to land without putting it IN the lake. Side note: during this practice time, I did dunk Spark #1 in the lake during a helix shot when it flew into some nearby trees. While I went ahead and bought Spark #2, the original did dry properly and works flawlessly..so yeah, now I have 2 :rolleyes: I don't use gesture controls but during times of a stiff breeze, I found it a little easier to simply hover over me and manually grab it out of the air...on calm days, taking off and landing on the board was fairly easy. We were fortunate that we visited shortly before the fires began in CA so the air was pure, pristine weather and captured tons of awesome footage during the week. This is a quick snippet of our adventure..enjoy!

Aside from some jerky pan movements, this is a lovely video. Well done.

Hi cam05210 Love this video Thanks for sharing it. It brings back child hood memories when my late father was stationed at McClellan Air Force Base from 1960-70 an we did a lot of camping at Lake Tahoe, Lake Folsom, the American River. My mother always feared the harrowing roads to south lake Tahoe from Sacramento at that time but as a child I thought the road trip was the most exciting part.

Dang bro, nice footage and especially the one at 1:08. Well done capturing it while paddling!

Sure are good on that board! Lovely shots, 1:13 was my fave... the fog in the distance... could be a tourism still.... and at 1:26, the spark can be amazing with the right light.... You are brave though, did you land it back on the board or on shore?

Beautiful, and what perfect music to accompany!! Man do I need a vacation! I have a feeling that songs gonna be stuck in my head for a while, lol.

Beautiful video.
Vacation videos no longer have to be taken from ground level.
The sky’s the limit!

Me and the wife did our honeymoon in Lake Tahoe last October. We are from NC so we loved being there. She's talked about going back this entire year. Great memories from your video, we literally stood in every place you filmed.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Manzoorsp67