Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Takeoff/Landing Pad

Tcrooksy

Join
Dec 19, 2018
I have seen several types of takeoff/landing pads. Some have the capital letter H printed on one side. Does this letter have any function for the Spark? Does it intelligently recognize this as a home point? (In addition to GPS of course)

Reactions: Tcrooksy
The Spark does not recognize the "H", it just tries to find the visual pattern that it has stored during take-off. What is important then is that the landing pad stands out visually from the background in colour and design. The "H" could therefore be replaced by any character (I suggest an "S").

“Takeoff off altitude must be greater than seven meters.”
So does this mean straight up at least seven meters before any left/right or forward/back movement on the sticks?

Reactions: Stathis_K.
Yes.
The VPS works to about 25 feet.

I usually launch straight up and pause for a couple of seconds, this allows the camera on the bottom to snap a picture of the landing area and then compare that when it the Spark comes home to land.

Yes.
The VPS works to about 25 feet.

I usually launch straight up and pause for a couple of seconds, this allows the camera on the bottom to snap a picture of the landing area and then compare that when it the Spark comes home to land.
Would using the Auto-Takeoff do this automatically? The manual does not say so specifically, but the takeoff routine it describes is consistent.

Would using the Auto-Takeoff do this automatically? The manual does not say so specifically, but the takeoff routine it describes is consistent.

Auto take off is fine but the Spark will lanch and hover about a foot from the ground, probably too low to get a picture of the landing area.

It's up to you raise it up higher.

Auto take off is fine but the Spark will lanch and hover about a foot from the ground, probably too low to get a picture of the landing area.

It's up to you raise it up higher.

Thanks 317.

Manual says the spark will takeoff and hoover at 1.2 M (4 ft), too low for a good picture as the Precision Landing instructions want 7 meters.

Amazing what you can discover when you read the manual.

Last edited:
Thanks 317.

Manual says the spark will takeoff and hoover at 1.2 M (4 ft), too low for a good picture as the Precision Landing instructions want 7 meters.

Amazing what you can discover when you read the manual.
The landing point recognition is a very clever feature of the spark, and everything we can do to assist and enhance that technology has got to be a good idea. I use an adhesive raf bulls eye design, applied to my case, to take off and land. Regarding take off procedures, I never use auto. I manually take off and rise to around 20 feet and hover for about 30 seconds. This allows photography by the spark of the takeoff point image, and it also allows motors to warm up a bit. Last but not least, it gives me a chance to confirm that the GPS is giving stable flight characteristics, before I start having my fun. I find it worthwhile, and whilst I can only remember one occasion when I decided to land again because of excessive drifting, that one occasion could have resulted in a lost spark. 1547836964768~2.jpeg

Attachments

• 1547836964768~2.jpeg
    1547836964768~2.jpeg
    48.5 KB · Views: 31
  • 1547836964768~2.jpeg
    1547836964768~2.jpeg
    48.5 KB · Views: 30
The landing point recognition is a very clever feature of the spark, and everything we can do to assist and enhance that technology has got to be a good idea. I use an adhesive raf bulls eye design, applied to my case, to take off and land. Regarding take off procedures, I never use auto. I manually take off and rise to around 20 feet and hover for about 30 seconds. This allows photography by the spark of the takeoff point image, and it also allows motors to warm up a bit. Last but not least, it gives me a chance to confirm that the GPS is giving stable flight characteristics, before I start having my fun. I find it worthwhile, and whilst I can only remember one occasion when I decided to land again because of excessive drifting, that one occasion could have resulted in a lost spark. View attachment 8374
what case is that.I think I know just curious.
also good to know that I should let it hover for about 30 seconds

I have seen several types of takeoff/landing pads. Some have the capital letter H printed on one side. Does this letter have any function for the Spark? Does it intelligently recognize this as a home point? (In addition to GPS of course)
No ,just home doesn't affect anything on the Drone.

Reactions: Paul215

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulieMyers