Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Terrible customer service...

Oliver Scott

Join
Jul 4, 2017
Just got in touch with DJI's online chat to ask them about the distance limiter in Quickshot mode. Their response "We don't have any information about that". Also asked them why the resolution is reduced to 2mp while in tracking or selfie mode and I got told to "Reset camera" or change image option to "JPEG+RAW".
They just don't have a clue!

Not to defend DJI's customer service or anything (I've never used their customer service yet and hope I never have to), but it's silly for us to expect their online chat folks to know more than what we have available to us in the manual or in these forums. Just a sad fact of the state of online customer service for any company really, especially with a brand new product like the Spark where they haven't built up a sufficient knowledge base for the customer service reps to search and get canned answers to common problems.

Anyway, as far as we know, when using ActiveTrack without an RC connected, the Selfie photo is really just a screen grab from the 1080p video, hence it's lower quality. I personally think this is a software issue because if you have the RC connected, put it in gesture mode and snap a selfie, you get full 12MP quality.

I did laugh that they told you to put the setting in JPEG+RAW. LOL Since RAW isn't an option on this device, and probably will never be (reports are that the processing power required to save in RAW creates problems elsewhere on the device, hence the engineering decision to only support JPEG).

Not to defend DJI's customer service or anything (I've never used their customer service yet and hope I never have to), but it's silly for us to expect their online chat folks to know more than what we have available to us in the manual or in these forums. Just a sad fact of the state of online customer service for any company really, especially with a brand new product like the Spark where they haven't built up a sufficient knowledge base for the customer service reps to search and get canned answers to common problems.

Anyway, as far as we know, when using ActiveTrack without an RC connected, the Selfie photo is really just a screen grab from the 1080p video, hence it's lower quality. I personally think this is a software issue because if you have the RC connected, put it in gesture mode and snap a selfie, you get full 12MP quality.

I did laugh that they told you to put the setting in JPEG+RAW. LOL Since RAW isn't an option on this device, and probably will never be (reports are that the processing power required to save in RAW creates problems elsewhere on the device, hence the engineering decision to only support JPEG).

Cheers Zezrum, I suppose you are right. Just seems odd that there is the feature to do a distance limiter in the Quickshot modes but nobody seems to know about it at DJI. I wasn't aware that connecting the Spark to an RC give 12mp gesture selfies. I got my RC yesterday so I'll check that out.

Cheers

Cheers Zezrum, I suppose you are right. Just seems odd that there is the feature to do a distance limiter in the Quickshot modes but nobody seems to know about it at DJI. I wasn't aware that connecting the Spark to an RC give 12mp gesture selfies. I got my RC yesterday so I'll check that out.

Cheers
It doesnt give 12mp gesture selfies, I have tested every possible way and with gesture they will only ever be 2mp. The only way to capture 12mp is to be out of gesture mode.

It doesnt give 12mp gesture selfies, I have tested every possible way and with gesture they will only ever be 2mp. The only way to capture 12mp is to be out of gesture mode.

I can't explain why 12MP selfies work for me but not for you, but for me 100% of the time, if my RC is connected, my selfie gesture creates 3968x2976 photos. If my RC is not connected, it results in 1440x1080.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Detlef