Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Thacher Island Photo Sphere

At first look I thought it was a submarine. Old eyes etc etc Checked it out on Google Maps and see it’s off Boston.

At first look I thought it was a submarine. Old eyes etc etc Checked it out on Google Maps and see it’s off Boston.
The resolution in 'free sharing' accounts is reduced. I put a higher resolution file into Google Drive. The public link (hope it works) is:

You'll need to download the file and use a 360 viewer in desktop. I like FSPview

Find the coast guard cutter behind the island!

Last edited:
Wow a stunner, fab. The trees almost look like Fall color but as it’s Spring guess they were picking up early (or late) sunlight. What a brilliant product Spark is.

Wow a stunner, fab. The trees almost look like Fall color but as it’s Spring guess they were picking up early (or late) sunlight. What a brilliant product Spark is.
Androids Lightroom CC app is probably why the colors look brighter.
Before Lightroom CC
Screenshot_20190521-114902.png
After Lightroom CC
Screenshot_20190521-115943.png

fiddle around with what’s in Photos
The Android app has an 'auto' color adjust button. I'm learning about color adjustments on DaVinci Resolve but that's more for video.

I'll sometimes batch auto color adjust the 46 picture sphere images with 'IrfanView' before stitching the panorama and Lightroom CC the final panorama.
Lightroom CC of the final panorama images directly from Spark sometimes produces a noticeable seam where the Left and Right panorama edges rejoin. It's probably better to batch with Adobe Lightroom.
The spheres take on a different viewing quality when viewed with a VR headset (Google Cardboard or equivalent) while being displayed by an app like 'Fulldive VR' on the inserted smart phone which can track head motion (lagless real time tracking) against the panorama.

2019-05-21_12.27.54-01.jpeg

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme