Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Thanks DJI !!

Old Man Grizz

Join
Mar 10, 2018
Just a quick note about DJI SERVICE.
Bought new Spark. Had an issue that I described in another thread, we tried everything, NO GO.
Went through DJI Chat. Tried troubleshooting, very helpful, but NO GO....suggested sending it in.
Returned to DJI on their dime. Was told it would be 3 weeks. OK FINE....
Got it back, works perfectly!!!!
Yes, it was under 3 weeks....
I received several emails along the way, letting me know where they were in the process.
I Thank DJI, and offer these words of advice: BE PATIENT! When working with them.
F.Y.I. I’m 65 yrs old and have 4 DJI Drones, and have yet to have a bad experience with them.....
PATIENCE!!!
Thanks for everyone’s help and advice on this forum.
You Folks help make flying fun!
Old Man Grizz

Just a quick note about DJI SERVICE.
Bought new Spark. Had an issue that I described in another thread, we tried everything, NO GO.
Went through DJI Chat. Tried troubleshooting, very helpful, but NO GO....suggested sending it in.
Returned to DJI on their dime. Was told it would be 3 weeks. OK FINE....
Got it back, works perfectly!!!!
Yes, it was under 3 weeks....
I received several emails along the way, letting me know where they were in the process.
I Thank DJI, and offer these words of advice: BE PATIENT! When working with them.
F.Y.I. I’m 65 yrs old and have 4 DJI Drones, and have yet to have a bad experience with them.....
PATIENCE!!!
Thanks for everyone’s help and advice on this forum.
You Folks help make flying fun!
Old Man Grizz

Did your Spark go to Texas for the DJI repair?

Sounds like you are getting the same quality service I got as a two Spark owner.
They always made it right.

Not so much once I upgraded to two Mavic Air.
Original quality leaves more to be desired.
Because of the refurb exchanges I received form DJI concerning my Spark service, I decided to save money and get a refurb Mavic Air package direct from the DJI Store.
1) One battery DOA
2) Stuck pixels recorded on video/ pictures on evening shots
3) Controller would reboot in flight

Sent in the refurb for the stuck pixels and received a new Mavic Air but with stuck pixels in a different location.
You can tell if new or refurb by the serial number - refurb has an "R" in it while a new one does not.

In the mean time, I added a new Mavic Air regular package to my fleet from a different vendor within 3 weeks of the original purchase.
1) The only battery in that package was DOA
2) Stuck pixels in different area recorded on video/ pictures on evening shots
3) Controller would reboot in flight

I have too many events coming up to tend to the evening shots issues and I am still testing the second controller while the first controller is headed to the shop.
Both batteries have been taken care of - all issues under warranty.

Yet, since I received one Mavic Air from service in almost the same condition as the one I sent to them, and I have now seen the stuck pixel issue in 3 MA....worries me what is to come when I do take care of the issue further.

Last edited:
Yes, that’s where I sent it....

Yes. I too had great experience with DJI repair thru their Texas facility.

Seems like most of the complaints about DJI Customer Service is actually the technical support branch in China. The warranty and repair in Texas is quick and communicative -- top notch service.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulieMyers