Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

The Last Castle in Autumn

Looks like a windy day.

But not a problem for the mighty Spark :)

The bats reminds me of the opening credits to the original Scooby Doo animation series.

Thanks for sharing.

Great video! The real leaves rustling up at takeoff are really cool (we don't get such autumn leaves in Florida, haha).

And the bats were very unexpected! Fun editing!

Very nice shooting. What is the flag on the top of the tower? Also how did you get those leaves to flutter down at the end-green screening?
The construction of that castle begun in XIII century, and it was meant to be a military outpost on the southwestern border of the Kingdom of Poland. Nowadays it wears white and red Polish flag on the top of the tower, that is the same flag as the Lands of the Bohemian Crown had. The power plant chimneys were also painted red&white ;]
20191214_112636.jpg
I learnt that the castle was the most westward fortification, and was meant to hold off any invasion coming to Lesser Poland from Bohemian or Silesian lands. Funcy that before Spark flew there, the castle was visited by Charles IV, Holy Roman Emperor in year 1364;]
As for the leaves at the end, I used ready made 3D animations in simple MS Photos editing software. They sort of matched the overall autumn scenery.
Thanks for your comments!@! Motivated me to go again with Sparky and search some new spots out there :♧)

Last edited:
It appears there was some structural damage to the main building that is being shored up with lumber. Is that recent?

Reactions: I B Spectre
Nice one mate, what a great old castle. I love old buildings like this, and only get to see stuff like it when on holiday as we don't have anything like it in my country. This castle was built 500 years before Captain James Cook claimed the whole of the east coast Australia in 1770 :)

The oldest building originally built in Melbourne is St James' Old Cathedral (1839) which was relocated from it's original location on the corner of Collins and William Streets to King Street Melbourne in 1914.
StJames1.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe