Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

The Spark set up Right is a nice tool to film , shoot and fly .

Sterling Collins

Join
Jun 22, 2017
As of today this Sunday I have had my Spark 2 weeks and flown it 24 times ( have 4 batteries now ) . Over the weekend I set up and helped a friend with another Yellow Spark and we put it thru its paces 4 times and used every feature and function and all worked perfect. I have the RC with the OTG cable and I use an Ipad Mini 3 that is dedicated to (no cellular on it)my drones . ( I hot spot the maps from my Hot Spot Cell and put the Ipad in Airplane mode ) My friends is set up the same way on his Apple cell in airplane mode with no stray apps running . No issues .... have flown at 7000 feet in the mountains and over water at a lake . No Issues , no problems , no disconnect of signal . ( I will never use my Spark on just a Cell without the RC !!! Never . and I tell people this and its very important as you really need the controller period !!! ) Always think clean connection pilots , look where you fly for power and cell towers and crowds of people with cells and factorys and large metal things , fly with caution . I have done RC for over 20 years ( rc choppers and planes) and no issues ever . No the Spark is Not my Phantom 4 pro or Phantom 3A but I really like it very much so . I think the the pics and vids are fine and look great . ( I do not use 4k on my P4P even , just 1080p ) I like the Panorama Feature and Shallow Focus as they look great . The gesture mode is ok but its like a gimick the wears out fast . The quick shots I like . You need to play with them a little but over all no issues as they work and will get better with upgrades from DJI .The $4 landing gear is ok in tall grass and easier to hand launch and land but in Rocket Mode and when you look down the camera is blocked by the add on gear , they are ok . Well I have had very good luck luck with the Spark so if anything goes bad I will report !!! Otherwise All the Best you Spark Pilots ... I think its a great Mini - Selfie Drone and lots of fun !!!! IMG_8585.JPG IMG_8567.JPG IMG_8582.JPG IMG_8547.JPG DJI_0174.JPG DJI_0198.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: Sparklight and wim
I think you've got the landing gear on "the wrong way" - should they not be running parallel to the body (i.e. turned 90 degrees)? That way they will not interfere with the camere when pointed downwards...

Cheers
Morten

Reactions: Sterling Collins
I think you've got the landing gear on "the wrong way" - should they not be running parallel to the body (i.e. turned 90 degrees)? That way they will not interfere with the camere when pointed downwards...

Cheers
en
You could be right as only used them once --- will try after work and thanks !!!

Love the DJI shirt!

I hot spot the maps from my Hot Spot Cell and put the Ipad in Airplane mode

I also love my Spark. I am using a Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" with a OTG cable.
What do you mean about the maps?

I hot spot the maps from my Hot Spot Cell and put the Ipad in Airplane mode

I also love my Spark. I am using a Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" with a OTG cable.
What do you mean about the maps?
Hi Robert, I'm having issues using my Samsung S5 and 10.1 tablet with the OTG cable. Is there a trick with samsung? Works fine with an old LG phone but only works on wifi with Samsung products for me. Thanks

Hi Robert, I'm having issues using my Samsung S5 and 10.1 tablet with the OTG cable. Is there a trick with samsung? Works fine with an old LG phone but only works on wifi with Samsung products for me. Thanks
I have been having connecting my Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" via OTG. It worked before. Maybe I'm doing it in wrong order or something. I will try with my Samsung Galaxy S5 and see if that works!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulieMyers