Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

These ND & Polarized Filters for the Spark are pretty good

CaptainDrone

Join
May 31, 2017
The DJI Spark has a pretty basic camera with very basic settings. Adding an ND Filter to the Spark "should" help give you what you're looking for (i.e., motion blur) in certain video circumstances. Adding a Polarized Filter seems (in my test) to improve the overall picture quality.

Here is my test:

Are the polarising filter adjustable?

From photography, I know CPL filters need to be adjusted for each photo depending on shooting angle against the sun. How does the drone CPL filter work when it's up in the air?

Why does the ND filter turns everything orange? This should not happen.

Reactions: jeffyhk
Why does the ND filter turns everything orange? This should not happen.
I was wondering the same thing, and on this test the ND filters make the image worse than with no filter. I think he mentioned in the video that the white balance was set to Sunny. I would love to see if the same issue happens with white balance set to auto.

Yes I think the white balance has to be set to auto. And then manually change the shutter speed to around 1/60 as the water is still as jittery on some shots using ND filter..

I used the PolarPro ND filters for the spark, used auto white balance and I had no issues. The only issues I had was shaky footage from the filters being too heavy. PolarPro refunded everyone who purchased the Spark Filters and now they are shipping version 2.0. I will get them today and test over the weekend. Here is my YouTube link for the 1st versions.

Are the polarising filter adjustable?
The Freewell filters are not adjustable. They are pre-adjusted to the sweet spot since they cannot be rotated after they are installed on the camera.

Reactions: wyx087
Ah ok, the orange is due to white balance then

I used the PolarPro ND filters for the spark, used auto white balance and I had no issues. The only issues I had was shaky footage from the filters being too heavy. PolarPro refunded everyone who purchased the Spark Filters and now they are shipping version 2.0. I will get them today and test over the weekend. Here is my YouTube link for the 1st versions.

We did have some trouble with the first batch of Spark filters, but that's been sorted out now and we hope you're having a great time with the new ones you received. Thanks for supporting our brand!

- Oliver from PolarPro

We did have some trouble with the first batch of Spark filters, but that's been sorted out now and we hope you're having a great time with the new ones you received. Thanks for supporting our brand!

- Oliver from PolarPro

Hi @PolarPro

I ordered some filters today. Assuming they're the updated version - but, is there a way to check, just in case?

Hi @PolarPro

I ordered some filters today. Assuming they're the updated version - but, is there a way to check, just in case?
Maybe the weight, now they are 0.67 gr. Unfortunately I didn't save the weight of first one they shown on the web.

Hi @PolarPro

The first batch of 200 or so orders that went out was contained and the majority of those filters have since been taken out of circulation. If you purchased from an authorized seller then you should be receiving the filters that were produced afterward, which will not cause the same gimbal dip in flight that we were seeing with the initial batch. If you're unsure whether the seller was authorized, please test out the filters when you receive them and get in touch with us if there are any problems. You can reach us by emailing [email protected]. That said, we hope all is well and that you have a great time with the new filters!

- Oliver from PolarPro

Reactions: Lastrexking
The first batch of 200 or so orders that went out was contained and the majority of those filters have since been taken out of circulation. If you purchased from an authorized seller then you should be receiving the filters that were produced afterward, which will not cause the same gimbal dip in flight that we were seeing with the initial batch. If you're unsure whether the seller was authorized, please test out the filters when you receive them and get in touch with us if there are any problems. You can reach us by emailing [email protected]. That said, we hope all is well and that you have a great time with the new filters!

- Oliver from PolarPro
By testing, you mean fly and see if after some time it dip ?
Is there not a more simple way like by example the weight ?
There was no indication I have seen on your web site about the weight for the first serie.
Can you share that info ?
Mine a exactly the specified weight of 0.67 gr as now specified on your web site.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulieMyers