Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Transferring update from phone to RC

JackDrone

Join
Aug 29, 2020
Hello. After not using my Spark for a year I am attempting to reactivate it with the necessary updates etc .(a road through hell;)
I cannot transfer the update from my phone to my RC because I keep getting a "Tip" / message on my phone that tells me to connect to the RC and to make sure there is 30% battery left. I am connected and I have recharged the RC. Please help if you can...

Hello from the Hoosier Heartland JackDrone.

I call it the WiFi dance.

Download the packet using the home WiFi and when the app says "installing", switch to the Spark WiFi and upload the packet to the Spark.

The Spark, device and RC should all be connected around the home WiFi hub for a smooth transfer.

Good luck and welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Hello from the Hoosier Heartland JackDrone.

I call it the WiFi dance.

Download the packet using the home WiFi and when the app says "installing", switch to the Spark WiFi and upload the packet to the Spark.

The Spark, device and RC should all be connected around the home WiFi hub for a smooth transfer.

Good luck and welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Thank you for your reply.
I know that's how it should work in, in theory at least ; Download update via Wi-Fi then switch to the remote's Wi-FI and upload it. BUT as I stated in my original question, when I try and perform the latter I get this message (see attachment) My controller is fully charged and my phone shows it's connected to the remote's Wi-Fi..

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200829-083621.jpg
    Screenshot_20200829-083621.jpg
    226.7 KB · Views: 23
You might have already tried it but have tried reinstalling the current Go4 app?

Seems like that works sometimes.

If you are using an Android device, it may be possible to roll back to a previous version in the Go4 app on the welcome page menu.

Or you might find a later APK version of the Go4 app to install from the web and then upgrade from there since you haven't flown in a year.

Just a thought. ?

Reactions: RotorWash
Hello. Thank you very much for your suggestion. Problem solved. I had a VPN auto-starting in the background on my mobile device, so I shut it down. (I also re-uploaded the DJI app) Anyway it works now. Thanks agian.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme