Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Transmission signal lost just after 100 meters

rehan

Join
Sep 27, 2017
Hello friends,

I face transmission signal lost issue every time spark reaches to 100 Meters distance on GPS i don’t know if my mobile internet is weak or what ? Although it connects to more than 12 to 14 satellites every time.

While using OTG connector the signal or video lag come after 150 meters. And I dont understand if some thing wrong with spark, remote or my mobile. I use samsung galaxy S5. Tried relinking remote, IMU and compass caliberation but result is same.

Please advise if you guys have any solution for this...

1. Have you unchecked "beginner mode"
2. Set the distance paramater to be more than 100m.
3. Check the wifi channel. For longer distance, 2.4ghz is better than 5.8ghz.
4. Try other mobile device. or use spark rc if your friend has it.

Last edited:
1. Have you unchecked "beginner mode"
2. Set the distance paramater to be more than 100m.
3. Check the wifi channel. For longer distance, 2.4ghz is better than 5.8ghz.
4. Try other mobile device. or use spark rc if your friend has it.
Thanks handy for the suggestions

Beginner mode is off

Distance parameters is also off

I have set 120 meters altitude and issue is same after 100 meters up

Tried changing to 2.4 but signal was not stable yesterday and on 2.4 too much video lag

Hello friends,

I face transmission signal lost issue every time spark reaches to 100 Meters distance on GPS i don’t know if my mobile internet is weak or what ? Although it connects to more than 12 to 14 satellites every time.

While using OTG connector the signal or video lag come after 150 meters. And I dont understand if some thing wrong with spark, remote or my mobile. I use samsung galaxy S5. Tried relinking remote, IMU and compass caliberation but result is same.

Please advise if you guys have any solution for this...
You do not say what region you are operating in - FCC or CE?

I updated my firmware last night.im in London.i use iPhone normally but I used my android I only got half the distance I get.i normally get over 1200 feet.also the signal gets weak so quickly.is it the android phone or the update?

You do not say what region you are operating in - FCC or CE?
I m in pakistan and i think its CE. But this signal lost issue and video lag is frustrating.. u cant even fly properly and shoot movie and pictures... i am also in contact with DJI support and they have not come up with a solution yet...

I updated my firmware last night.im in London.i use iPhone normally but I used my android I only got half the distance I get.i normally get over 1200 feet.also the signal gets weak so quickly.is it the android phone or the update?
Ios is better than android with dji drones

Today my drone went mental.i had a msg saying sound sonic system error land immediately. It was fine I landed.then I switched the vps off and at atti mode o only just started the motor to take off it flew into my walls.wonder why?

Ios is better than android with dji drones
I've been using a Google Pixel phone and my Nexus 4 tablet, (with RC) which are both stock Android, I've had no issues at all, they both work well with my Spark

I have downgraded mine to FW 600 as the new FW has glitch. Flew my spark today and it was a charm. Last night it went mental. Could be my fault too as I took off near a metal ladder etc

I have downgraded mine to FW 600 as the new FW has glitch. Flew my spark today and it was a charm. Last night it went mental. Could be my fault too as I took off near a metal ladder etc
But downgrading is not a solution... because you have to update it again one day or to a higher version when Dji release another update..

Did u contact support???

Once the problem is solved with the update then I will update. But for now I'm staying with this FW

Once the problem is solved with the update then I will update. But for now I'm staying with this FW
You are right... i contacted dji online support and they told me to downgrade because i am facing some other issues after update.. even my battery is not working properly and also remote is not responding timely...

You are right... i contacted dji online support and they told me to downgrade because i am facing some other issues after update.. even my battery is not working properly and also remote is not responding timely...
Telling you.mine went mental so downgraded

Telling you.mine went mental so downgraded
Where are you from?? I think alot of people are facing some issues with latest update.. i just recieved an email from dji that these issue will be fixed in next update... but i personally have doubt that there is something worng with spark or its remote..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooNex