Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Traveling from United States to Mexico with DJI Spark

nlavrov

Join
Aug 4, 2017
Hello, I am a brand new member to this site, and still not sure how this all works so I apologize if I am doing anything wrong! I was researching about traveling to Cancun with drone, and how customs is. However, most of the info given was from users of the Mavic or Phantom, nothing really on the spark. People were saying how some security knows how much the drones are, $1000, however, the spark is roughly half that. Also people are saying how they have had no issues, and others had no such luck and had to pay a fee. I am just wondering, since the spark is a much smaller drone, and compared to others cheaper, will there be any issue? Please let me know! Thank you! If you have had any experience that would be greatly appreciated!

I just flew out of Ensenada to Cedros island with my spark in my luggage, it went through the x-ray machine and they didn't ask anything about it.

We stopped in Tijuana on the way back, don't think they checked my bag, no questions were asked either.

They were more interested in getting money out of me for Visa's.

sorry, tried to post a couple pictures that I took but it just won't let me..

Last edited:
Sparky is very clandestine in carry on or checked bags. Mine has been to places I'm not able to say. I don't think you should check the LiPos.

Just came back from Cancun and had my drone (mavic) in a steel mesh backpack and no one batted any eye either leaving or arriving. I for sure thought the backpack would draw some attention due to the steel mesh but no issues what so ever. Also I was forced to check my carry on because of the full flight and I almost put my drone in there but decided to leave it in my backpack and boy am I glad I did. Upon arriving Cancun I seen my bag with a broken handle and as I was filing a complaint I decided to check my bag and my brand new sunglasses ($262) and my amazon fire stick was stolen. So definitely have it in a backpack.

I just brought my spark on a european trip last month and it didn't get flagged thru all the airports that I went through. I packed it in my camera bag with all my camera gear and I didn't even take the props off. In fact, my laptop backpack with all the charging cables, adapters, etc. was flagged and double checked a few times but never the camera bag with the spark. here's a preview of a quick flight i did in Kotor, Montenegro

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulieMyers