Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Tree top hovering...be careful

skyfly

Join
Aug 25, 2019
I was just out for an afternoon flight, all was going well,then decided to hover around 8 feet over top of some trees in my back yard to check out some old storm damage when out of nowhere old sparky decides to dive straight down into the tree tops. I tried wide open up but no response so i killed the motors and i stood there helpless as it bounced from limb to limb before sliding down the side of the tree and hitting the ground. I thought well thats the end of that so i put new props and a fresh battery on, it started up as usual and tjo my relief the camera functions like it should all systems go so i put her in the air and all is well..... I cannot believe it,one lucky guy. I assume the downward sensors got confused

• Wow
Reactions: Spark 317
I had a hobby drone that ran out of battery and went down about 30' in the upper branches of an oak tree. Climbed up as high as I could on a 17' extension ladder then went branch by branch until I could knock it down with a 10' PVC pipe. Bounced off branches to the ground, but all was ok.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit