Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

UK to USA and back with Spark

twickers14

Join
Sep 6, 2018
Loc
SW U.K.
Hi all. This is really a thank you to all who kindly shared their advice on how best to transport my Spark and reassurance that travelling sensibly with Spark is OK. Two Trans Atlantic flights and two domestics through JFK and RSW. All good as I followed the advice provided. The pointer about not making a big thing of it at Security was followed to the letter and indeed my two metal hip replacements attracted more interest! Did some early morning beach flights and in around the hotel. Will see what I’ve got when I have dealt with the jet lag!! Looks good on the iPad though. The best thing was the dji No Fly Zone I experience when I showed our hosts how the Spark got set up. They live under the final approach at their local Municipal Airport (very busy) and the system would not let me take off-I was on their deck and would NEVER have flown anyway but I did fire her up. So thanks all.

Hi all. This is really a thank you to all who kindly shared their advice on how best to transport my Spark and reassurance that travelling sensibly with Spark is OK. Two Trans Atlantic flights and two domestics through JFK and RSW. All good as I followed the advice provided. The pointer about not making a big thing of it at Security was followed to the letter and indeed my two metal hip replacements attracted more interest! Did some early morning beach flights and in around the hotel. Will see what I’ve got when I have dealt with the jet lag!! Looks good on the iPad though. The best thing was the dji No Fly Zone I experience when I showed our hosts how the Spark got set up. They live under the final approach at their local Municipal Airport (very busy) and the system would not let me take off-I was on their deck and would NEVER have flown anyway but I did fire her up. So thanks all.
Did you go through the process of registering it for use in the USA or not bother? Just wondering as I'd like to take mine next time I go.

Did you go through the process of registering it for use in the USA or not bother? Just wondering as I'd like to take mine next time I go.
Yes I did and it’s really easy. I think I’m right in saying you register YOU not the Spark. It gets a mention in the registration paperwork but it’s you they want to know about

Reactions: ralf
Yes I did and it’s really easy. I think I’m right in saying you register YOU not the Spark. It gets a mention in the registration paperwork but it’s you they want to know about
Thanks for that. Appreciate your help. You have to somehow stick a reg number on it?

Thanks for that. Appreciate your help. You have to somehow stick a reg number on it?
Yep. I bought a Dymo label machine and produced a sticker with my number on it and stuck it on the top of my Spark. Place it towards the front as there is (I think) a GPS sensor under the skin at the back. Mine flew fine in the US.

Reactions: ralf
Yep. I bought a Dymo label machine and produced a sticker with my number on it and stuck it on the top of my Spark. Place it towards the front as there is (I think) a GPS sensor under the skin at the back. Mine flew fine in the US.
Thanks very much

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe