Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Um? Air2 or Air 2S?

twickers14

Join
Sep 6, 2018
Loc
SW U.K.
Posting this in the only and best Forum I know with people I sort of know and who sort of know me! Would value your pointers on which craft to go with. Would love your thoughts on whether I will be able to edit the video output from both on my ageing 8 year old Mac (Catalina-too old to update OS over the last 6 months) and using iMovie-seems to cope very well with current stuff from my Spark. If so, what should I be shooting vid in and will my old Mac cope with the extra tech both these fabulous drones offer? As you may know I am not a connoisseur on output, I just shoot and post.

oooh, it's a tough thing to think about upgrading, even my M1P I have only ever bothered to shoot 1080, easy to edit and upload from anywhere with decent connection.

If you wanted to shoot 4k on either, or heaven forbid 5.7k on the S, then you will likely have to upgrade equipment, editing suite (even free Davinci Resolve), and perhaps use a desktop for that.

Storage capability of the higher res video and photos is the other thing to consider.

I too edit with imovie on my phone or ipad mini 4 !!
Another 'one day' thing on my list to change and improve.

Either bird would be a huge improvement on the Spark with photos or video, connection signal range / penetration, not as much fun though ! :p ;)
Air 2 pricing is keen now the better version is out.

PS. such a good forum over at MavicPilots, VERY active, loads of good info, a few quirky people but on the whole an excellent and growing forum group (which is unusual in this other social media age).

Reactions: RotorWash
oooh, it's a tough thing to think about upgrading, even my M1P I have only ever bothered to shoot 1080, easy to edit and upload from anywhere with decent connection.

If you wanted to shoot 4k on either, or heaven forbid 5.7k on the S, then you will likely have to upgrade equipment, editing suite (even free Davinci Resolve), and perhaps use a desktop for that.

Storage capability of the higher res video and photos is the other thing to consider.

I too edit with imovie on my phone or ipad mini 4 !!
Another 'one day' thing on my list to change and improve.

Either bird would be a huge improvement on the Spark with photos or video, connection signal range / penetration, not as much fun though ! :p ;)
Air 2 pricing is keen now the better version is out.

PS. such a good forum over at MavicPilots, VERY active, loads of good info, a few quirky people but on the whole an excellent and growing forum group (which is unusual in this other social media age).
Thanks for this. My Mac is a big old 27” desk top so hopefully will be able to cope with higher res. Will have to post this issue on the Mavic Forum-I have already signed up. Might have to go with Final Cut Pro if iMovie won’t cope. Watch this space-as you say the MA2 is slowy dropping in price.

Might have to go with Final Cut Pro if iMovie won’t cope
iMovie does okay for me processing 4k videos on a 2018 MacBook Pro. But it is all about your processing power, RAM, etc. Not the size of your monitor.

iMovie does okay for me processing 4k videos on a 2018 MacBook Pro. But it is all about your processing power, RAM, etc. Not the size of your monitor.
Thanks. Realise screen size is irrelevant re processing but I think I am OK with 4k and 30fps on iMovie-at least that what it says on the Apple site. Will see how I go.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulieMyers