Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

unedited close quarter Orbit practise - more practise needed

It is definitely tricky to orbit that close. I know that there are purists that say you should be able to keep the subject centered just using the sticks, but active track makes it so much easier.

Reactions: BrianP
It is definitely tricky to orbit that close. I know that there are purists that say you should be able to keep the subject centered just using the sticks, but active track makes it so much easier.
I guess I just love the practising... one day I will crack it ;) Cheers for following my attempts!

Reactions: SoccerRef12
I give you credit for being out in the cold and snow flying. Not that it surprises me Brian. ?
Cheers dragonfly Joe!
the impulse to fly around the project was too much to resist! -and it give me a whole new perspective on the design. As said in the title I need a whole lot more practise but lovin' the challenge and the little achievements each flight.

Reactions: Dragonfly Joe
I'm not a purist and use active track quite a bit. When I do practice orbit manually, I try holding one stick, yaw, still by placing my thumb on the controller next to the stick vs holding the top (tip) of the stick. Slide your thumb over to the stick moving it to start your yaw, side ways movement. Hold that still. Then move the other stick to control your turn to keep the object in the center. Try only adjusting one stick, the turn.
Hope this description makes sense. We say, practice, practice across the pond. Any way you spell it, it is fun! :)

I'm not a purist and use active track quite a bit. When I do practice orbit manually, I try holding one stick, yaw, still by placing my thumb on the controller next to the stick vs holding the top (tip) of the stick. Slide your thumb over to the stick moving it to start your yaw, side ways movement. Hold that still. Then move the other stick to control your turn to keep the object in the center. Try only adjusting one stick, the turn.
Hope this description makes sense. We say, practice, practice across the pond. Any way you spell it, it is fun! :)
thank you David Blezard, sounds a great method!

It takes a long time to get it down perfect. Make sure you have your grid lines on your screen to help keep the subject centered. The 2 axis gimbal of the spark makes things a little more difficult for a perfect Orbit vs other drones.

Reactions: BrianP
It takes a long time to get it down perfect. Make sure you have your grid lines on your screen to help keep the subject centered. The 2 axis gimbal of the spark makes things a little more difficult for a perfect Orbit vs other drones.
cheers RoarRoar!
I appreciate the help!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooNex